No announcement yet.

Prime B-Hop vs Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    A Prime Hopkins win 3 rounds instead of losing all 12 get over it White Europeans are better fighters than blacks from 160 up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...xing_champions

white europeans definitely dominate the history of the HW division

Comment

It's not exactly crazy to think Kovalev could win. It's not like Hopkins didn't have trouble with worse fighters than Kovalev.

Comment

Prime Hopkins for me.

Comment

Originally posted by salim_shady View Post
          i've been watchin a lot of bernard hopkins lately and although i rate kovalev highly; i believe a prime hopkins would have beat him. What do you guys think?
          im neutral and i agree wit you homie, prime hopkins kos kovalev in 1 motha ****in round!!!! real talk!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            It's not exactly crazy to think Kovalev could win. It's not like Hopkins didn't have trouble with worse fighters than Kovalev.
            Prime Hopkins was when he fought glen Johnson

That was 19 years ago

And kova had a controversial draw with "lesser fighters" like Darnell Boone

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
              Yeah just see the history of heavyweight division so many white European legends. Tyson, Liston, Holmes, Frazier, Foreman, Lewis, Johnson, Ali...
              And in lhw division those Russian dudes Jones and Toney...
              I know you failed history with that peanut size brain Eastern Europeans were under Communist rule they were not allowed to compete in pro sports. Maybe if you were born before 1990 you would understand

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Prime Hopkins was when he fought glen Johnson

That was 19 years ago

And kova had a controversial draw with "lesser fighters" like Darnell Boone
                That's when Kovalev wasn't prime. He's just now hitting his prime.

Kovalev is a very good fighter. Prime Hopkins would have trouble and could lose.

Comment

That's when Kovalev wasn't prime. He's just now hitting his prime.

Kovalev is a very good fighter. Prime Hopkins would have trouble and could lose.
                  Exactly

When bhop lost to fighters like Dawson, tAylor, Mitchell, calzaghe, he wasn't in his prime

He was in his 40s . In some cases over a decade removed from his prime

Comment

Prime Hopkins had no problems with anyone that I can remember between his loss to RJR and losing to Jermaine Taylor. The guy beat everyone and had something like a 70% KO ratio over that 12 year stretch. I'm not saying he washes Kovalev or even that Kovalev does'nt have a shot. I just can't see how anyone can favor him if you actually look at what Hopkins was doing in his prime and even a bit past it.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      Exactly

When bhop lost to fighters like Dawson, tAylor, Mitchell, calzaghe, he wasn't in his prime

He was in his 40s . In some cases over a decade removed from his prime
                      I didn't bring any of Hopkins's losses up. In his prime, he wasn't so great that someone as good as Kovalev, who also would have been much bigger, wouldn't have a chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X