Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: How would England have fared in Group G instead of USMNT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booji Boy View Post
    You lost to both. That doesn't somehow mean you'd therefore beat Ghana or Portugal. "We lost to better teams doe, therefore we can beat teams worse than those"!

This WC has made me a full-on troll. I've never used the emoticon so much in my life.
    We lost to Italy and got robbed against Uruguay. Both games were competitive where England didn't perform poorly.

Ghana are average, we would have beaten them quite comfortably if that was our first game of the group. Then we would easily have enough to get something from the final two games to go through.

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
    They had to make those changes because your squad sucks so much, but whatever you say, "mate."

4th in group D.

No it was to give the other players a run out. There was nothing on the game.

Comment

they would still get 1 point in 3 matches

Comment

Originally posted by Booji Boy View Post
        In the end, it all comes down to "bottle", I think. To get through Group G, England would've had to have shown a bigger bottle, or many more bottles or whatever, than they did.
        I agree, definitely a bottle issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          We lost to Italy and got robbed against Uruguay. Both games were competitive where England didn't perform poorly.

Ghana are average, we would have beaten them quite comfortably if that was our first game of the group. Then we would easily have enough to get something from the final two games to go through.

No it was to give the other players a run out. There was nothing on the game.
          Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.........

You better thank god that England wasn't in the same group as the U.S. You would have had to retire your account here.

Ghana, the U.S and Portugal all looked better than England. It was named the group of death for a reason and the U.S made it out. Major accomplishment and now they have a very winnable game vs Belgium.

Comment

USA are the laughing stock of international football. Scrape through a weakass group and act like they won the whole tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              USA are the laughing stock of international football. Scrape through a weakass group and act like they won the whole tournament.
              But we advanced to the round of 16 m8.

Messi carrying Argentina. Neymar carrying Brazil. British Airways carrying England...

Think about that one.

Comment

It really shouldn't come as any surprise that our physically inferior and dentally challenged brothers across the pond are still busy making excuses as to why they were eliminated ("we were robbed!" ) or making attempts at downplaying the significance of America advancing in a group they loudly proclaimed would be our downfall.

Their "footie" history is absolutely loaded with making excuses for their overall suckage and years of disappointment on the international field of competition...

When the English National Team failed to qualify for Euro 2008 after a home defeat at the hands of Croatia (LOL), they blamed their annihilation on the quality of the pitch they were playing on. You read that right - They literally blamed the artifical turf.

When Newcastle United were held to a draw by non-league Stevenage Borough in the 1998 FA Cup, their manager blamed the draw on the balls being "too bouncy."

When he played for Liverpool, David James once blamed his playstation for allowing 3 goals in a game against Newcastle United. [I]"I was getting carried away playing Tekken II and Tomb Raider for hours on end", he said.

When Liverpool goalkeeper Sander Westerveld allowed an easy goal against Middlesbrough, he did what any great Brit soccer player would do...he blamed his error on ice on the ball.

As you can clearly see from the examples above, Brit f*g soccer lovers have a long and storied tradition of inventing excuses to cover for the fact that they totally blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.........

You better thank god that England wasn't in the same group as the U.S. You would have had to retire your account here.

Ghana, the U.S and Portugal all looked better than England. It was named the group of death for a reason and the U.S made it out. Major accomplishment and now they have a very winnable game vs Belgium.
                  I hadn't heard it being referred to as the Group of Death until Yanks on here started saying it.

England had a very tough start with Italy and Uruguay. If we'd started with Ghana, we'd be through easily.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                    But we advanced to the round of 16 m8.

Messi carrying Argentina. Neymar carrying Brazil. British Airways carrying England...

Think about that one.
                    ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      I hadn't heard it being referred to as the Group of Death until Yanks on here started saying it.

England had a very tough start with Italy and Uruguay. If we'd started with Ghana, we'd be through easily.
                      I think you're getting Ghana confused with Cameroon.

Comment

Working...
                      X