Collapse
No announcement yet.

(pic)Ortiz at hospital after surgery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did any1 else think he over trained for this fight or didn't train at all? I've never seen Ortiz look that bad before. He seemed like he was gassing and that his punches didn't have that usual "pop". He looked a lot slower also, he looked good against Berto and Mayweather.
    Ortiz needs a re-match and avenge his lost.

Comment

Get well soon Victor...gotta respect fighters like Ortiz man, they bring it. I didn't watch the fight when it was on but downloaded it after and if its true about his jaw being broken that early and him carrying on man....so much respect for this guy. It's easy for us to sit on our chairs and criticise but imagine you were in that situation, I think 99% of us would have quit sooner...a whole lot sooner.

He was winning the fight, he needs to throw his jab more and be more clinical with it. When he threw combos you could tell they were doing damage, he was backing Lopez up and another thing he needs to improve on is his body shots, some of the shots he can throw are amazing if only he focused more to the body then he'll be an even bigger animal.

I firmly believe he will back and on top soon enough, he has way too much talent and natural ability to be a gatekeeper.

Comment

Heal good Vic.

I guess this the side fans don't usually get to see after a fight.

Comment

Maan now I feel bad for him. At least he is smiling and doesn't look depressed. Now Cotto on the other hand....IDK

Comment

Originally posted by mrcupide2 View Post
            Did any1 else think he over trained for this fight or didn't train at all? I've never seen Ortiz look that bad before. He seemed like he was gassing and that his punches didn't have that usual "pop". He looked a lot slower also, he looked good against Berto and Mayweather.
            Ortiz needs a re-match and avenge his lost.

the mayweather fight wasn't merely controversial, it resulted in ortiz being knocked out with flush and hard punches. he was coming off of a knockout loss.

ortiz has been stopped three times now. his fight with berto was a war. fight with maidana was a war.
            he's not the same guy he was when he was a prospect. he's got some wear, even at 25.

Comment

He quit. I dont care what anyone says and I was a fan. Also, dont forget 2 things. No one is claiming that he didnt not break his jaw so IDK why people keep saying "see, look at that".

Also, this pic is "post surgery". I had my wisdom tooth taken out on Friday and my jaw was even bigger than that. The point is could he have "tried" to go out in the 10th, stay on the outside, and see what happens? He doesnt have to finish. Just try and be mentally tough. If its too much then you can quit but he didnt.

Im not buying the 5th round stuff either. Again, Ortiz was the one who said it happened in the 9th himself but everyone is now going to believe his team who is trying to save face. The same team who was upset and tried to stop him from quitting?

Good kid but oh well. I wouldnt be smiling right now. His hole career just took a huge step back

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                He quit. I dont care what anyone says and I was a fan. Also, dont forget 2 things. No one is claiming that he didnt not break his jaw so IDK why people keep saying "see, look at that".
                No one said that, they just wished him well. You could try the same instead of trying to do the kid down.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                  Get well soon Victor...gotta respect fighters like Ortiz man, they bring it. I didn't watch the fight when it was on but downloaded it after and if its true about his jaw being broken that early and him carrying on man....so much respect for this guy. It's easy for us to sit on our chairs and criticise but imagine you were in that situation, I think 99% of us would have quit sooner...a whole lot sooner.

He was winning the fight, he needs to throw his jab more and be more clinical with it. When he threw combos you could tell they were doing damage, he was backing Lopez up and another thing he needs to improve on is his body shots, some of the shots he can throw are amazing if only he focused more to the body then he'll be an even bigger animal.

I firmly believe he will back and on top soon enough, he has way too much talent and natural ability to be a gatekeeper.

his jaw was broken very close to the end of the fight. i dont care what he says. he fought bravely until his jaw broke. he fought bravely in the berto fight.

not everybody is going to be some great boxer. he still won a world title and made a ****load of money. i wont hold it against him if he wasn't willing to fight with a broken jaw. it wasn't broken early on in the fight, at least not to the degree that it was damaged when he retired.

he got hit with a left hook to the jaw when he was pulling straight back. his mouth was wide open. that's the shot that did the significant damage. i would bet my car on it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    No one said that, they just wished him well. You could try the same instead of trying to do the kid down.
                    No, I wasnt talking about in this thread. Also, wish him well for what? I wish him well like I do any other human being but not because his jaw is broke. People get hurt all the time. This wont affect his career. Did you wish Abraham & Paulie well? He doesnt deserve special treatment

Comment

a few more weeks and he'll be surfing

i hope he makes a speedy recovery. if he decides to continue to box i'll watch him. it was a fun fight while it lasted. if he stops boxing i wont hold it against him either.

Comment

Working...
                      X