Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We Proved Mayweather is Not Invincible!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its getting annoying with all these post responses saying well done judges i agree Floyd won a competitive fight.
    Is it insecurity or something? Floyd got the decision, so stop trying to defend Floyd still, the decsion wont suddenly be overruled by protest and uprising revolution, so dont worry so much.
    Last edited by hugh grant; 05-07-2012, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
      Reading comprehension is not your forte, eh? Idiot, Cotto doesn't think he won, Cotto is disheartened by the cards. The reality is the judging favored the local star, Mayweather. Nothing else, nothing more.
      Get off Cotto d-ck and face the fact that your boy got his ass beat.
      A loss is a loss so why complain?

(Yeah Floyd beat my ass but not by that much.)

Team Cotto is acting like they were robbed.
      I can read b-tc.

Don't come in here a defend these clowns when it is so clear what team cotto is trying to do.

Comment

• I had it 7 rounds Mayweather 5 rounds Cotto. Cotto has a stamina issue he's always tired when it comes to round 10. He had to win rounds 10,11,and 12 to win in the publics eyes as Castillo did. Cause there right you have to knock out Mayweather to win in his back yard

Comment

• Originally posted by danktrees View Post
          dear Pedro, in order to prove that floyd is not invincible, you have to beat him. Your fighter didn't do that and clearly lost the fight. Just because he put up a decent fight doesn't mean you proved that floyd is not invincible, it just means your fighter put up a good fight. That is all.

as for the scoring...for anyone that says it was much closer, I believe you're succumbing to the floyd syndrome. As max kellerman has stated in the past, because floyd is so hard to hit and rarely takes any punishment, when guys actually manage to land shots on him it seems to be a bigger deal than it actually is. In many cases the crowd is jumping on its feet when floyd takes a shot and they neglect the fact that floyd pre-ceeded AND followed up with numerous shots of his own. Just because he took a few shots or that cotto would put on a flurry at some point during a round does not mean floyd lost the round. Often in that fight floyd would win 2 minutes and 30 seconds of that round then cotto comes on a bit, especially towards the end of the round, and everyone seems to go crazy and give him the round. That's not how boxing is scored. Cotto put up a fight but got worked and lost that fight by clear UD. The judges were spot on. Cotto won 2 rounds and had 1 or 2 other rounds that could have been considered his cuz they were close but that's about it.

that's not to say cotto didn't out up a good fight but a lot of the punches he threw while floyd was on the ropes didn't land or were blocked. So while he may have looked busy, he wasn't scoring which is why he lost the round.
          That's the comment I was preparing to write. Thankfully you wrote it for me. The only thing I will add is that this perspective by some observers is really the culmination of one fighter's greatness. To the degree that seeing him in any capacity other than being head and shoulders above the competition is somehow seen as him losing. (laughing) that' pretty interesting. Mayweather & pac are both great but in the case of the JMM fight the thoery I described would might also apply had it not been for the 2 previous fight between them where we saw marquez go to work on pacquiao. But I reckon that if floyd fought miguel again we'd see the same outcome only much much cleaner. kinda like the castillo fight. Everyone wants to see floyd vs pac but really MM is manny' chief rival...not floyd. & lst I checked they've never finished their business. Good fight. Not great. Good on miguel to prove a point. Fight wasn't close tho...not in the sightest.

Comment

• Finally got to see the fight on tv. I gave Cotto rounds 3, 6, 7, and 8, with rounds 2 and 10 being close. Major question to me is how Lederman gave Cotto round 5 but not round 3. Of the close rounds I thought round 3 was clearly a Cotto round but didn't feel he won round 5. Great fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
              Get off Cotto d-ck and face the fact that your boy got his ass beat.
              A loss is a loss so why complain?

Team Cotto is acting like they were robbed.
              I can read b-tc.

Im surprised you can speak with mayweather's *** so far down your throat.

Article says they thought the scores were too wide, cotto put in a great effort, and quintanas trainer thought the scores were too wide aswell. Says nothing about cotto thinking he won, maybe he does, but more relevant is the judges (and announcers/compubox) took a shat all over the work that cotto did in the ring, and had been putting in for months, etc.

You proceed to say cotto thinks he was robbed/won, and that you can read. trolololol.

Now i ask myself why im even responding to a red.

Comment

• I thought Cotto won 115-113. Floyd didn't take the title from Cotto. I don't give boxers credit for rolling/blocking punches unless they are effectively hitting back. I gave Cotto rounds 2,3,6,7,8,9,10. I could see how some would givesome some of these rounds to Floyd but there is no way he won 10 rounds on Cotto. Floyd landed more punches, but I thought Cotto landed more meaningful blows. Floyd dominated the 12th rd but really didn't impress me in any other round.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  lol, at least now you know.

Floyd isn't so bad but he inspires a lot of these numbskull fans with his disrespect to other fighters.

Anyway, I thought Mayweather dominated, gave Cotto 3 rounds and there were other close rounds but they belonged to FMJ.

Well done Cotto for giving it a lash but reality is he was well short of what was required.

But hey, at least he got fair refereeing, Weeks was very good, ditto for Nady in the Canelo fight, the night's boxing did not miss Cortez one bit.
                  They are being pretty redick. 2 rounds, come on. I thought the clear rounds were 6 and 8 for Cotto but that left rounds 2,3,5,7, and 10 as toss ups. It was far from a clear victory imo. Lot of swing rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by biglou88 View Post
                    Let's not forget USA today 115-113 for cotto I think the nytimes as well.
                    No, not the NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/06/sp...r=1&ref=sports

Comment

• Fat dan is saying floyd was sick and had hand issues.

Comment

Working...
                      X