Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers who could now beat Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no one beats the current version of pacquiao. back pedaling boxers might have a slight chance of winning a disputed decision but come forward brawlers will get slaughtered like cattle

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
      Pac over Matthysse?

You trippin right?

That was my first thought as well, No way does Pacquiao beat Matthyse, He would land flush on pacs head and put him to sleep

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
        I believe that the Pacquaio who destroyed Cotto would walk through most of the current roster of lightweights and welterweights, however I think the present day Pacquaio is damaged goods who would be run close in most top matchups. Who do you believe would beat Pacquiao?

Broner? - I think Pac still beats Broner over 12.

Khan? - Khan would make Pacquaio look silly for a few rounds but Pacquaio would most likely win by mid-round KO.

Alexander? - Styles make fights and Alexander would have a great chance at edging out Pacquaio over the distance.

Bradley? - A much closer fight, but Pac still wins.

Guerrero? - Pacquaio wins in an absolute war.

Marquez? - I still think another episode in their rivalry could go either way. Apart from a freak KO, their fights have been pretty close and I don't see that changing.

Brook - Pacquaio by early stoppage.

Maidana - Pac by mid-round stoppage.

Mayweather - Mayweather over 12.

Matthysse - Pac by mid-round KO.

Peterson - Tough one. This would be a bruising war with the potential to go 12 rounds, but I think Pacquaio catches Peterson with something big around the 7th.

Ortiz - Ortiz would probably fold under the pressure.

Garcia - Pacquaio over 12, or Garcia by KO.
        I pretty much agree with all that, but who really knows if Pac can still take a punch. I think he'll be alright though.

Comment

It really depends,such a K.O. loss could affect any fighter, especially one in his mid 30's.

Pac was a bit slower of both hand and foot in his last 2 fights, his reflexes not as great.

Even that version of Pac though still gives problems to most fighter.

I would favor Bradley in a rematch, he now knows he can survive 12 rounds with Pac, and would have more confidence. Also add that Pac wouldn't be any younger or any faster than last year. Bradley UD.

I would not favor Mathysse instead. Too slow of hand and foot to land anything relevant. Pac gives angles, moves in, out and by the side, throws combination, nothing like the lazy jab Mathysse recently counter punched.
          Pac by UD/ late TKO.

Alexander could pose a stylystical problem, but I see him crumble in the later rounds. If anything, Pac is tough, while Alexander can be discouraged.
          Pac by decision, probably with a K.D in his favor.

Khan... I like Khan's style, really, but you cannot fight -that- stupid when facing Pac. I hope Virgi can put some boxing I.Q. into his head, but the Khan who fought Garcia, or even the slightly less reckless version of the C. Molina fight, gets Ko'ed by Pac.

Broner lacks of experience and is fighting at LW, yet he's the kind of guy who could pose a threat in the near future. Danny Garcia would also have a good chance, even though I'm not a fan of his, he could upset Pac in my opinion.

That, if Pac won't be much affected by the recent K.O., which I hope, but cannot be sure about.

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
            I believe that the Pacquaio who destroyed Cotto would walk through most of the current roster of lightweights and welterweights, however I think the present day Pacquaio is damaged goods who would be run close in most top matchups. Who do you believe would beat Pacquiao?

Broner? - I think Pac still beats Broner over 12.

Khan? - Khan would make Pacquaio look silly for a few rounds but Pacquaio would most likely win by mid-round KO.

Alexander? - Styles make fights and Alexander would have a great chance at edging out Pacquaio over the distance.

Bradley? - A much closer fight, but Pac still wins.

Guerrero? - Pacquaio wins in an absolute war.

Marquez? - I still think another episode in their rivalry could go either way. Apart from a freak KO, their fights have been pretty close and I don't see that changing.

Brook - Pacquaio by early stoppage.

Maidana - Pac by mid-round stoppage.

Mayweather - Mayweather over 12.

Matthysse - Pac by mid-round KO.

Peterson - Tough one. This would be a bruising war with the potential to go 12 rounds, but I think Pacquaio catches Peterson with something big around the 7th.

Ortiz - Ortiz would probably fold under the pressure.

Garcia - Pacquaio over 12, or Garcia by KO.
            I think that everyone on that list could ko Pac early if they commit to his chin.

Comment

Can't say if he's damaged goods or not until I see him fight again.

Only thing I will say is that Marquez conditioned himself for 8 years to beat one man. He thought of nothing else, but fighting and beating Pacquaio. If it takes that kind of obsessive determination to do it then I don't see anyone else besides a Mayweather UD beating Pac.

Still, it all depends on how he mentally handles his devastating KO loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                I think that everyone on that list could ko Pac early if they commit to his chin.
                They'd have to commit their own chin to do it.

Not many of them can survive the offensive power that Pac can deliver.

Comment

Working...
                X