Is Buck Smith the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he fought people who used to be women but he's definitely top 10

Comment

Buck didn't have the style that Sugar fought in, he wasn't smooth and didn't adjust he made the opponent deal with him and thats to his credit but I prefer Sugars approach. As for his record he didn't fight the competition that Sugar fought and getting to a number faster seems silly when you consider that Sugar fought for 25 years and compiled a record of ONE stopage in 200 fights (300 including amatuers) Buck was a character for sure and did come to fight, I think Prior had a little Buck in him, the guys that forced their fight on their opponents and won showed tremendous "will" and that often out weighs talent skills!
      As for Strickland I knew many "professional opponents" they are high skilled fighters who become professional losers who are essential to a young fighters progression. They don't take dives but their there to draw out a young fighters inner fight so that matchmakers and promotors find out where a fighter stands ..................or NOT!!! HA! I handle a few of the very best "opponents" and there was a few that if turned loose could have kicked the crap out of 50% of the kids they lost to but then again thats a side of boxing that most fans can't understand. The Trial Horse! Ray

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X