Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Spanish or Mexican music?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Is this Spanish or Mexican music?

There's this guy on WWE who's yet to actually do anything, but they've been giving him promos and stuff to hype up his debut. Anyway, that's not the point. What I want to know is what kind of music is being played in the background...

Is that Spanish or Mexican? I always get them mixed up.
    Last edited by PittyPat; 07-27-2010, 05:54 PM.

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
    There's this guy on WWE who's yet to actually do anything, but they've been giving him promos and stuff to hype up his debut. Anyway, that's not the point. What I want to know is what kind of music is being played in the background...

Sounds Spanish/Flamenco.
    That's mexican wrestler Dos Caras Jr, now Alberto Del Rio on WWE.

Comment

I heard a minute in to it because it was making me fall asleep.

I'm not sure honestly but it doesn't sound like the usual Mexican music I am use to hearing Mexican boxers come in with. Maybe it's Spanish or like the intro to a Tango song or something?

Comment

Originally posted by !! AI-Holmes!! View Post
        Sounds Spanish/Flamenco.
        What are the main differences between traditional Spanish and Mexican music, anyway? I can never tell off-hand which is which, kinda like Chinese and Japanese folk music.

I seem to remember that Mexican music has more trumpet stuff going on...

Comment

Dos Caras Jr. is a great pro wrestler, very athletic and was in the mexican olympic wrestling team. He fought in MMA and got KTFO by Cro Cop.

9-5 in mma, he was a good average fighter.

Comment

My guess is spanish. My whole family is Mexican and i have never heard them play any music close to that.

Comment

sounds like a Spanish guitar

Comment

Thats flamenco , spanish.

This is mexican:

Comment

Originally posted by LEFT HOOK TITO View Post
                  Thats flamenco , spanish.

This is mexican:
                  Ahhh, I think I geddit now. From the sounds of it, that Mexican mariachi stuff is more reliant on trumpets and the 'big band' sound; whereas Spanish seems more laid back and has the guitar at the forefront, with all that phygrian dominant/harmonic minor action going on.

Comment

Working...
                  X