is joe stevenson shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is joe stevenson shot?

or just in the brink of it?

think it was just one of those perfect shots.

would you say tyson griffin is shot ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post

Rabbit punching at its best. Is it legal there ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post

well, thats why am askin.

who do you think can joe beat among the elite UFC LWs?

Comment

well neither of the damaging shots was a rabbit punch.
          and gomi didnt really land anything significant after that.

the 2nd gif is kinda hard to see, but it was flush for sure.

and i see rabbit punches in every boxing contest too. same policy.
          warning and then points deduction. and in MMA its devastating cause its 3 rounders.

Comment

The guy's been fighting so long, seems like he really has been on the downside of things. But then again, who knows, maybe he just needs to go back to taking people down and outgrappling(as was the case vs. Nate Diaz and Spencer Fisher) them, instead of trying to showcase his striking.

Comment

Stevenson seemed to hit a plateau a few years ago, and his striking hasn't improved much in the last 2 years, but he insists on staying on his feet.

He was caught with a perfect punch, so I wouldn't say he's shot. Maybe he should take a page off Rashad Evans book and refocus on his grappling base.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
                Stevenson seemed to hit a plateau a few years ago, and his striking hasn't improved much in the last 2 years, but he insists on staying on his feet.

He was caught with a perfect punch, so I wouldn't say he's shot. Maybe he should take a page off Rashad Evans book and refocus on his grappling base.
                thats how i see it. am not impressed with his game against sotiropolous too (though this guy is making a name in LWs) and his win against fisher.

Comment

I don't know if he's shot, but he has definitely plateaued.

Judging from his physique, it looks like he had a lot of trouble making weight. It could have contributed to him getting ktfo. Oh yeah, and running chin up into a punch doesn't help.

Comment

well this was supposed to be the new and improved stevenson, so maybe we havent even seen the best of him yet. hes not that old that he cant learn, and he did seem to have improved last 2 fights, before this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X