My top 5 NBA point guards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
    1. Chris Paul-debatable never been passed conference semifinals
    2. Tony Parker-championship pedigree, however I believe every other guy in my top 5 is more talented
    3. Steph Curry-very good needs to work on turnovers and defense
    4. Russell Westbrook-not a true PG and very erratic, dude is a beast though
    5. Damian Lillard-just scratching the surface of his potential

Honorable mention: Conley, Wall, Irving, etc.

What's your top 5?
    1. Russel Westbrook - The most physically talented of them all
    2. Chris Paul - The purest point guard of the lot
    3. Tony Parker - Does a little bit of everything
    4. Stephan Curry - The best shooter of the lot.
    5. Mike Conley - Not the most physically talented, but very sound fundamentally, and plays both ends of the floor

Damian Lillard is a terrible defender. So bad he shouldn't be on anyones top 5.

Comment

If Chris Paul had better scorers to play with that team would be scary.

Chris Paul is the reason Blake Griffin scored so much this season. Put him in there with some play-makers and that team is going to be tough to beat.

Somebody asked in this thread what would happen if you switched chris paul and tony parker. Well if Chris Paul played for the spurs, that team would be unbeatable. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
        If Chris Paul had better scorers to play with that team would be scary.

Chris Paul is the reason Blake Griffin scored so much this season. Put him in there with some play-makers and that team is going to be tough to beat.

Somebody asked in this thread what would happen if you switched chris paul and tony parker. Well if Chris Paul played for the spurs, that team would be unbeatable. Period.
        This is wrong on so many levels. The Clippers problem is that they don't play any defense. They led the league in scoring this year. The Clips have plenty of offensive firepower. Griffin would score more if Chris wasn't on the team. Honestly, Paul dominates the ball too much at times. Blake played his best basketball this year when Chris was hurt and didn't play. Griffin's beasting has nothing to do with Paul.

Comment

This is wrong on so many levels. The Clippers problem is that they don't play any defense. They led the league in scoring this year. The Clips have plenty of offensive firepower. Griffin would score more if Chris wasn't on the team. Honestly, Paul dominates the ball too much at times. Blake played his best basketball this year when Chris was hurt and didn't play. Griffin's beasting has nothing to do with Paul.
          i agree, clippers are loaded with shooters and athletic guys.. offense was never their problem..

Comment

Rose IS top 5 when healthy. No ands, ifs or buts. He'd only be 2nd to CP3. However with inactivity you can't logically rank him at this point. Ya'll are sleeping on Rondo like it was said before he still almost average a double double with next to no talent this year. Put him with Kevin Love and they'd be a problem.

My rankings go by this year alone which is why Parker isnt ranked because people forget he was benched for poor play because of being overworked which made him play poorly during the regular season. He was good in the playoffs though.

1. CP3.
            2. Wall
            3. Westbrook
            4. Lowry
            5. Irving

Comment

I think Westbrook is the 2nd most talented overall player in the NBA behind LeBron. His physical talent is jaw dropping.
              I agree.

People love to hate Westbrook, but he is a terrific player and a freak athlete.

Comment

Working...
              X