No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan: I May Finish My Career Off at 154-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
    Maybe cause Khan beat Maidana & Judah more convincingly than Mayweather? Stylistically Khan is a Nightmare for Mayweather, Mayweather likes to face Slow flat footed plodders while Khan does a lot of movement around the ring. Khan vs Floyd would be more competitive than any of Floyd's recent fights IMO.
    Floyd has a higher ring IQ, better footwork, better defense, and the best timing in the sport. Floyd is the more complete fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
      Floyd has a higher ring IQ, better footwork, better defense, and the best timing in the sport. Floyd is the more complete fighter.
      I agree, but Floyd is getting old he's 37 already and his reflexes are fading as we saw in his last fight, Khan is still young + he's got faster handspeed than Mayweather and tbh I've never seen him getting Outboxed, before.

It'd be interesting how the result would go if fight goes till 12 rounds, I personally think Mayweather would win a close UD but saying that the fight won't be competitive or Khan is an easy opponent for Mayweather is complete bollocks.

Comment

Khan needs to understand his style of boxing doesn't suit 154. 154 Khan = 30 years old and way out of prime.

Once you outgrow 147 retire you dimwit. He has 3 more years left in him at most...and he needs to train like a mofo to keep the stamina he requires to hang with them tough and now young mofo's who will walk him down all night long.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
          Khan needs to understand his style of boxing doesn't suit 154. 154 Khan = 30 years old and way out of prime.

Once you outgrow 147 retire you dimwit. He has 3 more years left in him at most...and he needs to train like a mofo to keep the stamina he requires to hang with them tough and now young mofo's who will walk him down all night long.
          I think once Khan loses his speed, he'll be done as a fighter.

Comment

Who cares?

Comment

Must they print everything that Khan says.

That Collazo win is so over-rated, this is a guy that got stopped by Freddie Hernandez.

Lets see how he does first with solid fighters at 147, my theory is that he will look good until his chin fails him again. And yes it is that bad.

Comment

Let's see how he does with a couple of top guys at 147 first.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Khan would have a good chance of beating Andrade for a title imo.
                  Khan would have a good chance of doing WHAT???

Get the hell outta here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
                    I agree, but Floyd is getting old he's 37 already and his reflexes are fading as we saw in his last fight, Khan is still young + he's got faster handspeed than Mayweather and tbh I've never seen him getting Outboxed, before.

It'd be interesting how the result would go if fight goes till 12 rounds, I personally think Mayweather would win a close UD but saying that the fight won't be competitive or Khan is an easy opponent for Mayweather is complete bollocks.
                    I wouldn't agree with you until the last fight. Her looked very comfortable, and bigger too. He still has speed, and he knows how to box. He got caught and didn't drop like he used to. I still would like to see him against Thurman or Bradley, but I think he's ready for Floyd and Manny now.

Comment

OK let me think about THE GLASS JAW KHAN vs KIRKLAND,ANGULO,LARA,CANELO,ANDRADE,CLOTTEY,MOLINA ,K9,ISHE SMITH,MARTIROSYAN,etc....;damn he will lose with all these 154 fighters by KO!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X