No announcement yet.

Holyfield vs Fury - Any interest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holyfield vs Fury - Any interest?

I know we all wanna see the great old man retire but the saddest part for me is I still think/know Holyfield can compete with most of todays pretenders even at 50. Apart from a real bad night against Sherman ''Tank'' Williams I still honestly feel hes a useful fighter.

IMO even at this stage he is better than Chisora, hes certainly better than Maddalone & co, I also think if C5 could drag him on there to fight Fury that fight would be massive, U.K fans love The real deal!

If he fought a Klitschko I'd be almost scared for his life but Fury, not so much.

If all these guys are contempt on fighting shot to bits Rahmans, 80yr old Cedric Boswells & such then why not give this man one final payday? Hes a much better name despite his age than the above
    Noway, horrible fight.
    37.50%
    Yeah why not
    12.50%
    Holyfield probably still beats Fury
    50.00%
    Last edited by dan_cov; 10-16-2012, 01:49 PM.

Holyfield was getting rocked by Sherman The Tank Williams. Fury would destroy him. I would fear for Holyfield in any fight against the top 5

Comment

I voted horrible fight. Fury wins easily. Holyfield needs to retire for his future health. The only Holyfield fight I like is a fight with Toney. Holyfield should try to even up the score with Toney. He lost by KO to a grossly overweight super middleweight. He might win that fight but he can no longer beat top heavyweights. Brain damage from punches can show up years later.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I voted horrible fight. Fury wins easily. Holyfield needs to retire for his future health. The only Holyfield fight I like is a fight with Toney. Holyfield should try to even up the score with Toney. He lost by KO to a grossly overweight super middleweight. He might win that fight but he can no longer beat top heavyweights. Brain damage from punches can show up years later.

Toney outgrew the middleweight division years before & was crushing everyone at cruiserweight before he stepped up to heavy and he was in good shape against Holyfield.

IMO he was arguably in better shape that night than he was for some of cruiserweight bouts.

But yeah I'd like to see a rematch more for the freakshow factor really.

Comment

If the idea is to turn Fury into a villain in order to draw more viewers to his fights, this might be a step in the right direction.

Comment

At his age Holyfield would probably lose to Fury, but Holyfield has a career of suprises so I wouldn't bet money on it.

Comment

Working...
            X