Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rededicated Soto Karass Resurrects Career in San Antonio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rededicated Soto Karass Resurrects Career in San Antonio

By Jake Donovan - The resurrection of Jesus Soto-Karass' once-fleeting career could have very well produced the end of Andre Berto's days as a relevant welterweight player.

Soto Karass put himself closer into title contention than at any other point in his lengthy career after scoring an upset 12th round stoppage of Berto in their Showtime-televised main event Saturday evening in front of a crowd of 8,811 at the AT&T Center in San Antonio.

The threat of a shocker came right from the opening bell, as Berto - now training with Virgil Hunter - had no clue how to slow down the bum rush presented by his determined foe. Power punches scored repeatedly for Soto Karass, who found Berto's leaky defense and poor execution of the shoulder roll technique all too inviting.

Berto is nothing if not a warrior, however. The former welterweight titlist saw his eyes puff up early in the fight, but sandwiched in between rough moments in rounds one and three was a fun power punching display in the second. It was enough to let Soto Karass know he'd have to step up his game if he were to live up to his pre-fight promise of fighting hard yet smarter. [Click Here To Read More]

So I guess SotoKaras will be the next Floyd opponent after Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      So I guess SotoKaras will be the next Floyd opponent after Canelo
      all roads lead to floyd mayweather, and at the end of the road there's a step stool named Berto.

Comment

I knew Berto had lost after he was so easy to hit jn the first round. Then all of a sudden his shoulder started bothering him. I was like, man this cat is damaged goods. He's the Kelly Pavlick of the welterweights after B- hop schooled him.....

Comment

I was surprised the judges had it a draw after 11, I had JSK up bu 3 even w/ a borderline punch knockdown...Berto needs 2 think about stopping, he'll have a tuff time selling himself xcept as an opponent...

Comment

Good thing Soto Karas stopped him. A fighter can never get comfortable expecting anything anymore, with the judges as lax as they've been lately. Great win for JSK.

Comment

Kind of disappointed that he had worse defense when Berto was fighting with one arm than he did when Berto was using both.

Good win for him. Glad he got the KO and thwarted the robbery.

Comment

Good fight to be fair and I think Soto Karass done a more safer convincing job than Guerrero done on Berto, my only fear of that fight was the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Kind of disappointed that he had worse defense when Berto was fighting with one arm than he did when Berto was using both.

Good win for him. Glad he got the KO and thwarted the robbery.
                  This fight was stupid -- because of Berto... He should have quit after he injured his shoulder... But the fact that Berto managed to knock down Soto Karass with his only one hand available was most hilarious...
                  The final count was the stupidest thing in the last night card...

Comment

... At a certain moment of the fight I have switched from Showtime feed on the net to my local TV feed & comments -- my co-national commentators didn't get the moment when Berto injured his shoulder and they were intrigued by the fact that the fight looked so bizarre...

Comment

Working...
                    X