No announcement yet.

Better Resume: Vitali Klitschko or Frank Bruno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
    1. I wasn't lying. You just clearly never read the post properly. Wouldn't it be easier just to edit the thread title to shut you up? The fact is I didn't.
    We can lay this to rest as the only important factor is that i know, and you know.

2. Lewis destroyed his face, not by accident but with intent.
    Are you saying that every punch are thrown with the intent to cause cuts or that those specific punches Lewis threw were thrown with the intent to cause cuts?
    Simple questions.

3. You've still not told me which wins were better.
    Not impressed by either side but i'm leaning towards Vitali (and resumé, longevity, ATG status clearly Vitali)

To get some perspective we can go by the ring magazine rankings.

(and this all is if we toy with the idea that your selected "best wins" are actually that. My opinion differ but whatever.)

Frank Bruno vs:
    James Tillis - Tillis not ranked top10. Bruno 9th.
    Carl Williams - Neither were ranked top10
    Joe Bugner - Bugner not ranked top10.
    Jesse Ferguson - Neither were ranked top10
    Oliver McCall - Mccall ranked #2, Bruno not in top10.

To get some perspective, Joe Bugner fought Bruno 12 year since he last fought Ali.
    Tillis fought Bruno when he was far removed from his Shavers win, a Shavers who in turn was far removed from relevancy when he lost to Tillis. Tillis have been spanked by a ****load of fighters ranging from good to great.

Mccall was a good win.

Vitali vs:
    Ross Purity - Neither ranked top10.
    Corrie Sanders - Sanders and Vitali both ranked top3.
    Sam Peter - Peter ranked #2. Vitali coming from retirement.
    Tomas Adamek - Vitali ranked #1, Adamek #4
    Chris Arreola - Vitali #1 , Arreola #6 (this could be wrong as the ranking is AFTER their fight)

Sanders probably the best fighter Vitali beat. Puritty and Peters are not that good.
    Adamek is decent.
    Arreola could prove to be decent. No idea yet.

all in all i don't think eithers "best wins" are impressive at all. But i'd lean towards Vitali.

Who is the better fighter? Vitali by a good margin.
    Greater legacy? Vitali.
    All intangibles are for Vitali.

Edit: If i'm wrong on any of these rankings by a relevant margin feel free to correct me. I don't have all these issues at home but i took them off boxrecs ring mag archive. They only have 1 per year.
    Last edited by Barry Halls; 02-14-2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
      We can lay this to rest as the only important factor is that i know, and you know.

Are you saying that every punch are thrown with the intent to cause cuts or that those specific punches Lewis threw were thrown with the intent to cause cuts?
      Simple questions.

Not impressed by either side but i'm leaning towards Vitali (and resumé, longevity, ATG status clearly Vitali)

To get some perspective we can go by the ring magazine rankings.

(and this all is if we toy with the idea that your selected "best wins" are actually that. My opinion differ but whatever.)

Frank Bruno vs:
      James Tillis - Tillis not ranked top10. Bruno 9th.
      Carl Williams - Neither were ranked top10
      Joe Bugner - Bugner not ranked top10.
      Jesse Ferguson - Neither were ranked top10
      Oliver McCall - Mccall ranked #2, Bruno not in top10.

To get some perspective, Joe Bugner fought Bruno 12 year since he last fought Ali.
      Tillis fought Bruno when he was far removed from his Shavers win, a Shavers who in turn was far removed from relevancy when he lost to Tillis. Tillis have been spanked by a ****load of fighters ranging from good to great.

Mccall was a good win.

Vitali vs:
      Ross Purity - Neither ranked top10.
      Corrie Sanders - Sanders and Vitali both ranked top3.
      Sam Peter - Peter ranked #2. Vitali coming from retirement.
      Tomas Adamek - Vitali ranked #1, Adamek #4
      Chris Arreola - Vitali #1 , Arreola #6 (this could be wrong as the ranking is AFTER their fight)

Sanders probably the best fighter Vitali beat. Puritty and Peters are not that good.
      Adamek is decent.
      Arreola could prove to be decent. No idea yet.

all in all i don't think eithers "best wins" are impressive at all. But i'd lean towards Vitali.

Who is the better fighter? Vitali by a good margin.
      Greater legacy? Vitali.
      All intangibles are for Vitali.

Edit: If i'm wrong on any of these rankings by a relevant margin feel free to correct me. I don't have all these issues at home but i took them off boxrecs ring mag archive. They only have 1 per year.
      1. Of course we both know.

2. Every punch to the face that a fighter throws is with an intent to hurt, injure or destabilise his opponent. Like I said previously, if you think cutting an opponents face doesn't count, any cut should result in a rematch. It doesn't though, does it?

3. Thank you for your honest opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post

2. Every punch to the face that a fighter throws is with an intent to hurt, injure or destabilise his opponent. Like I said previously, if you think cutting an opponents face doesn't count, any cut should result in a rematch. It doesn't though, does it?
        So lets get two things straight here.

1. I NEVER once said cuts shouldn't count. I think Lewis won fair. I've said this three times now i think.

What i'm against is acting like Vitali did not have a great performance and was in the lead (with Lewis gaining momentum granted) when these unfortunate cuts occured.

2. As you and i both agree, every single punch is thrown with some intent and every punch can cause a cut.
        By that reasoning the fact that a punch actually cut someone and in that spot + that grotesquely large is a matter of high variance (aka luck).

The fact that This is not common in Lewis' fights or Vitalis fights (how many have been stopped due to cut?) leads all logical reasoning to believe that this cut was largely due to fluke. Is it all luck? Absolutely not, as Lewis threw the punch. But 95/100 (or similar, i don't have statistics, it's pure guesswork) this fight does not get stopped on cuts.

Lewis won. Vitali lost. It was a great fight which raised the stock of Vitali (and Lewis gained one of his best wins of his career)

Not much more to it.

Comment

Vitali by about 10 miles.

Comment

Bruno's McCall win is better than any Klit scalp.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
              This thread sure backfired on the Klitschko hater who made it!
              How? Explain?

Comment

Surely you can't be this desperate, can you...?!

Ridiculous question!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                  Come on now, let's be honest here.

You were hoping the vote would be 9-2 for Bruno instead of 9-2 for Vitali.
                  Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  Surely you can't be this desperate, can you...?!

Ridiculous question!
                  Clearly you two didn't read the opening crawl correctly.

I said that I'd expect the poll to be 10/1 in Klits favour. It's going exactly how I imagined.

So how has it backfired?

Comment

Bruno's is better he also fought mike tyson TWICE.. But vilati is the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
                      Bruno's is better he also fought mike tyson TWICE.. But vilati is the better fighter.
                      And lost decisively.

Comment

Working...
                      X