Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Cleto Reyes gloves be banned from boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the Cleto Reyes gloves be banned from boxing?

Now let's talk about these ''horse-hair'' gloves. A lot of people criticised Floyd for refusing to fight Maidana who tried wearing gloves that visibly had very little padding in the fist portion of the glove.

Is it any coincidence that many of these fighters with strange power happen to wear these gloves??? Golovkin is known to wear horse hair gloves and Rosado pointed out that being punched by him felt like a bare knuckle hitting his face due to the lack of padding.. Pacquiao was known for wearing the Cleto Reyes gloves when he knocked down the likes of Cotto and Mosley..

People forget that Maidana's first pair of gloves WERE NOT APPROVED by the commission, and the second pair had visibly less padding around the fist area than your standard American made glove.

In a time where we have more knowledge about brain injuries, where people are having their lives ruined by tragedies in this sport, I believe that this topic requires some further looking into..

It's only right that fighters should be operating on an even playing field, Floyd wears gloves that are manufactured in America and have a visible amount of padding around the fist area, in many of these foreign countries where the regulations are a lot more lax you're bound to find less regulated gloves. Personally I believe their should be a minimum amount of padding around the fist area and if the gloves don't meet that requirement they should not be approved.
    Yes
    2.88%
    No
    97.12%

I think everyone should wear custom made Grant Orthopedics gloves like Mayweather.

lets be safe guys!

but lets hear what the owner of the grant gloves have to say

Comment

Originally posted by Khasekhemwy View Post
      Now let's talk about these ''horse-hair'' gloves. A lot of people criticised Floyd for refusing to fight Maidana who tried wearing gloves that visibly had very little padding in the fist portion of the glove.

Is it any coincidence that many of these fighters with strange power happen to wear these gloves??? Golovkin is known to wear horse hair gloves and Rosado pointed out that being punched by him felt like a bare knuckle hitting his face due to the lack of padding.. Pacquiao was known for wearing the Cleto Reyes gloves when he knocked down the likes of Cotto and Mosley..

People forget that Maidana's first pair of gloves WERE NOT APPROVED by the commission, and the second pair had visibly less padding around the fist area than your standard American made glove.

In a time where we have more knowledge about brain injuries, where people are having their lives ruined by tragedies in this sport, I believe that this topic requires some further looking into..

It's only right that fighters should be operating on an even playing field, Floyd wears gloves that are manufactured in America and have a visible amount of padding around the fist area, in many of these foreign countries where the regulations are a lot more lax you're bound to find less regulated gloves. Personally I believe their should be a minimum amount of padding around the fist area and if the gloves don't meet that requirement they should not be approved.
      Wow, another ALT

Comment

Yes. "Ain't no padding in the gloves, no wonder everybody dying!"

HEALTH. COMES. FIRST. TBE.

Comment

That is your opinion. The gloves are fine. Some boxers use them because they fit better and make the opponent feel their punch better. Horsehair gloves are also probably safer.

Comment

I am a Floyd Supporter, But I do not believe Cleto Reyes should be banned. It is preposterous. Cleto Reyes is a great glove brand. Adrien Broner uses Cleto Reyes and he uses horsehair

Comment

Originally posted by wiz1030 View Post
              Yes. "Ain't no padding in the gloves, no wonder everybody dying!"

HEALTH. COMES. FIRST. TBE.
              Silly insults show you can't debate the facts.

Comment

why not ban the floyd gloves? more padding=more punishment=more brain damage. we have to worry about health first. right floyd?

Comment

Another floydiot alt trying so hard to twist some facts in favor of that coward. The commission didn't find anything unusual about the gloves after your coward girl b!thc!ng for nothing. Just accept the fact your boy is a coward. Weight cheating, weight draining, sucker punching, arm chocking, elbow punching and gloves b!tch!ng is only for a coward.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins wears horse hair gloves.

/thread

Comment

Working...
                    X