Collapse
No announcement yet.

God does not exist: true or false?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a firm believer in God. I believe that there was a creator. It is my belief and I am happy, and a better person than how I was previously for it.

Everyone has their own feelings, desires, interpretation, understanding of things.

Generally, I live my life without imposing on others. Just don't tell me how to live and what to believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      Like I said, they're stories open for interpretation that builds an image of God. It's a one off occasion of when God decided to intervene, kinda like Sodom & Gomorrah.

But I doubt even religious people believe God should stop all suffering. What is suffering? Sufferings the wrong word, you should refer to it as life. Human arrogance plays a big factor in thinking we have a creator.
      So is he just lazy then?

They only became stories when people realised how dumb they were, most of events in The Old Testament are still fully believed by Jewish people IIRC.

If God has the power to but doesn't stop suffering then why does he warrant respect. If it is the natural way of life then he should have at least made it fair.

For example my "life" and that of those around me is a lot more bliss than that of an Ethiopian in poverty, and the only difference is a geological accident.
      Last edited by Barn; 01-31-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        The burden of proof falls upon those who make the claim though.
        Right. Which is why it's unfair for the poll to read "God does not exist". Most atheists I know do not make a factual claim like that.

I personally don't believe in God because there's no EVIDENCE for a God. I do not need to justify my lack of a belief when there's no reasons to believe in the first place.
        Last edited by deliveryman; 01-31-2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

the evidences are all around you...

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
            I am a firm believer in God. I believe that there was a creator. It is my belief and I am happy, and a better person than how I was previously for it.

Everyone has their own feelings, desires, interpretation, understanding of things.

Generally, I live my life without imposing on others. Just don't tell me how to live and what to believe in.

Good summerization TK...simple and to the point. I happen to agree with you. That is my choice. I respect others choices to belive or not believe, I don't like people pushing their beliefs on me, so i don't push mine on them.

Live and let live.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Richardson View Post
              the evidences are all around you...
              Such as????

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post

Don't you care if your whether your feelings, interpretations and understanding of reality is actually true or not?

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                  Such as????
                  if you put dust in a box it doesnt make a planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    So is he just lazy then?

They only became stories when people realised how dumb they were, most of events in The Old Testament are still fully believed by Jewish people IIRC.

If God has the power to but doesn't stop suffering then why does he warrant respect. If it is the natural way of life then he should have at least made it fair.

For example my "life" and that of those around me is a lot more bliss than that of an Ethiopian in poverty, and the only difference is a geological accident.
                    That's what I don't understand, the bible says God did things but hasn't done anything for the past 2000 years - if he wants people to follow him, it's about time he makes another appearance.

I don't get what you mean by fair?

Both you and the Ethiopian are trying to survive, you just live in the better environment. This happens everywhere in nature with animals, poverty is determined by materialistic qualities and isn't evident in the natural world. Not to mention how rough Africa is as a landscape for humans to survive in.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                      if you put dust in a box it doesnt make a planet.
                      Checkmate, atheists!

Comment

Working...
                      X