Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Marquez: Weekend Review and Ratings Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These guys could fight 10 more times and every one will be close. I think a big influence is the prefight perception that JMM had no chance and that Pac would blow him away brutally. The fact that Marquez was so competitive in a fight that few gave him a chance in adds to the belied he pulled it out.

I thought Manny won a close decision, but have no problem with anyone who thought Marquez pulled it out as well.

However, anyone thinking this was a ROBBERY either has a Hispanic last name or doesn't know boxing. A fight that could go either way isn't a robbery, so get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by oneiros1313 View Post
      These guys could fight 10 more times and every one will be close. I think a big influence is the prefight perception that JMM had no chance and that Pac would blow him away brutally. The fact that Marquez was so competitive in a fight that few gave him a chance in adds to the belied he pulled it out.

I thought Manny won a close decision, but have no problem with anyone who thought Marquez pulled it out as well.

However, anyone thinking this was a ROBBERY either has a Hispanic last name or doesn't know boxing. A fight that could go either way isn't a robbery, so get over it.
      this fight was not close,it wasnt an either way fight" thats freddie roach talking not even the majority of philipinos felt pac won, so your hispanic barb is just ridiculous pac got his ass kicked plain and simple and was given an undeserved victory because of politics, it wasnt a draw it wasnt close it was a clearcut marquez victory,you are delusional is all i can say, and a mayweather fight shouldnt even be talked about,jmm took mannys pnd for pnd rand and just handed it to mayweather,even though floyd is a p>O>S>,nobody is going to get over it boxing lost a lot of credibility and pac lost most of his too,pac was beaten by a better fighter and the consesnus is just that.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        all time great?...lol...by beating who? oscar? hatton? margarito? a stand in front of you margarito? a slow margarito? oscar who was clearly past his best and severly weightdrained? a punching bag in clottey? one of worst champs ever in diaz? thats how he became great? by claiming a jr middle weight title without fighting at that weight is great? by making cotto come down in weight but not making clottey do it(oh because clottey isn't as fast as cotto or hits as hard)...pac was exposed and has been before by jmm,he can't beat guys with skills only guys like the ones i mentioned,man this fight confirmed 100% that he cannot beat floyd,floyd has counterpunching abilities like marquez but floyd is stronger and faster,way faster,if jmm was able to hit him and counter him like he did and hurt him because manny said marquez did hurt him,floyd will get a tko by the seventh round and make manny miss all night long...like i said,comparing manny to those all time greats is so insulting
        *******s will ONLY confirm this when Mayweather schools Pac in the ring on May 5th. Then these clowns will jump ship on Pac like some are even doing now by saying Pac should fight JMM again. They finally get it, they finally realize that Floyd will make Pac look like a clown.

Pac shouldn't even be P4P #1, he's not even #1 in his own weight division. He was just taken to hell and back by an old LW. These *******s now know why Bob Arum has put bum after bum after bum in with Pac. These *******s now know why Bob Arum has not allowed his cash cow to fight a fighter like Mayweather...

Bottom line, May 5th is coming...

Mayweather vs Pac, no excuses because there are "no issues".

Comment

The Racket Squad: When The Brutal Best Collide

Ali had Frazier.
          Leonard had Hearns.
          Pac had Marquez.
          This was a 2 point Pac victory in my humble opinion.
          Scoring nightmares occur when the best fight the men who test them to the limit.
          With a passion to prove who may be superior, the best return to that fistic partner.
          Mayweather never went near Jose Luis Castillo again for a reason.
          He does not wish to have any competiton that history will link him to.

Yes. It is almost time for Manny to call it a career.
          His legs are betraying him after 15 years of playing the punch for pay card.
          He has participated in wars that Mayweather has never tasted.
          Pacquiao fought the brilliant Juan Manuel on an equal playing field, unlike 'Money' who slowed the Mexican down with weight and a $300,000 cash payoff when Floyd did not honor the contracted poundage.
          It was too much for an honest warrior to overcome.

That fight was an exhibition engaged in on the crooked road that sucker punchers learn to master and manipulate.

And therein exists the brutal truth of why Floyd has evaded and avoided the best prizefighter of the previous decade and a half.

Should Mayweather decide that a potential combined bonanza of close to $200 million bucks is not worth his time, he is simply stupid as well as wary. Steroid slander will not prevent his first recorded loss.

Floyd is not Marquez.
          His counter punching craft against Pac will be efficent but slower.
          Mr. Pacquiao will face the Chess Master's game and drive him to a ledge he has never witnessed and cannot avoid.
          He will then push him off.

Greatness is a journey that requires patience, practice, humility, set backs and a desire that will not be denied.
          Should 'Money' think that the Manny who showed up against his smaller Frazier will collapse in a wind storm of Mayweather counter shots, he is quite mistaken.

One more and done Manny.
          Just one more mile to go.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            ESPN.com had it 114-114 as did I.

Still "at the end of the day", "like I always say", Floyd Mayweather is #1 WW and should be the #1 P4P.

Pac can't live off his CW win over Cotto from 2009, his ONE fight vs a Champion who to this day is mentally jacked because of Margarito. Did anyone see him in HBO Face off? I'm rooting for you Cotto but you better not quit.

May 5th, in Vegas, Mayweather vs Pac, no excuses, "no issues", "let's get it on".

The world will see the dffierence between GREAT and a media created hype machine.
            Your a joke, so great to you is sucker punching a non rank former light WW who had only 1 fight at WW..? Your a clown..

Look at Pacs previous opponents some of which your great fighter ducked..

Comment

Originally posted by oneiros1313 View Post

Said from a true fan of the sport... Well done..!!!

Comment

Just watched the fight again for the fourth time and i still dont see a close fight at all. Marquez 7-5 and thats being generous to Pac. I had it 8-4 the first three times. No way is this a close fight and no way did Pac control the fight. Some saying he won cause of his ring generalship. He got schooled and was visibly frustrated in there. Not even the Pac fans i know can say he won. They dont even think it was close. I dont get it

Comment

what makes me laugh out loud is when i remember when the pac fans would say:..."oh but this is a new pac,he has improved since their last fight"...lol..still can't help but laugh at that one because i saw the same old pac,the same old guy struggling when facing a skilled boxer...and especially when i remember them also saying,"pac by ko before the sixth"..lol..good one

Comment

So, Marquez is to Pacquio what Jose Louis Castillo was to Mayweather??? Only difference is that Castillo didn't get another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by throbk1974 View Post
                      So, Marquez is to Pacquio what Jose Louis Castillo was to Mayweather??? Only difference is that Castillo didn't get another shot.
                      Actually he did. A couple of months after the fight and Mayweather schooled him. But what does that have to do with this?

Comment

Working...
                      X