No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    Persona. Great film. I think David lynch was heavily influenced by Bergman and his subjective look at film and art within his movies.
    Yeah, Mulholland Dr. is virtually an homage to Persona.
    Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    I think this series is one of the best sci-fi stories ever made. Its much deeper than most of the other big sci-fi epics.
    Out of interest, what are your other favourite sci-fi films/film franchises?

It's neither big nor epic, but Gattaca is an excellent sci-fi in terms of poignancy and allegory, so I'd recommend that if you haven't seen it.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post

It's neither big nor epic, but Gattaca is an excellent sci-fi in terms of poignancy and allegory, so I'd recommend that if you haven't seen it.
      WTF?? You lost me.

Comment

• Five fingers

Surprisingly a very good movie. One of them mind-twister movies that keeps you gripped. If you have not seen this movie than I strongly recommend it.

8/10

Comment

• Rise of The Apes was 8 out of 10.

I enjoyed it. The only weak link in it was James Franco. He seemed to be sleep walking his way through this flick.

Just saw the Smurfs with the Niece.

I hated it. She hated it. 2 out of 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Rise of The Apes was 8 out of 10.

I enjoyed it. The only weak link in it was James Franco. He seemed to be sleep walking his way through this flick.

thanks for the heads up...i was gonna take my godson to watch that this saturday

Comment

• conan the barbarian blows dogs for quarters... the original is a favorite of mine but the new one sucked ass.

Comment

• "Apocalypto"

Movie Written and Directed by Mel Gibson based on the Mayan Civilization and a Tribesman trying to escape captivity and Sacrifice when his village is attacked and destroyed.

For a movie that is all subtitles and 2 hours and 20 minutes long it held my attention from minute 1. It was action packed all the way through and made you want to stay and watch as it went on. Knowing quite a bit about the Mayan civilization from studying it and always being fascinated by this I was very happy with how real they made it seem between the make up, the weapons, the costumes ect.

I would highly recommend this film to anyone who likes action, a good story, and true to the day graphics without all this CGI crap you see in all these other new movies.

Rocco Rating 9 out of 10

Comment

• Rise of the Planet of the Apes: 8 outta 10. Its hard to top the original movies but this is pretty good. Good storyline, explains alot, much better than the Marky Mark bs.

Bad side: Totally unbelievable and unrealistic. Never in a billion years can this ever happen. I mean come on, James Franco...a scientist?

Comment

• Cape fear - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                      Rise of The Apes was 8 out of 10.

smurfs is a kid flick. i watched it with my two daughters. they like the 3D effects and i saw a smile on their faces.

my movie rating.. 3/10
                      but seeing my children smile.. 10/10

Comment

Working...
                      X