No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Dib Eyes Gary Russell Jr. Showdown in America

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Billy Dib Eyes Gary Russell Jr. Showdown in America

IBF featherweight champion Billy Dib is aiming at fighting unbeaten American Gary Russell in the United States, following a Friday the 13th that proved anything but unlucky for Australian boxing.

[Click Here To Read More]

Russell needs more experiance before this.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
      Russell knocks him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
        I couldnt disagree more. Billy Dib is the exact step up in competition that Gary needs right now. A solid name and extremely beatable

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
          I couldnt disagree more. Billy Dib is the exact step up in competition that Gary needs right now. A solid name and extremely beatable
          Russell is the best up and coming fighter i have seen in at least ten years,mark my words by this time next year he will be on the ring p4p list the kid has speed and power the only thing im not sure of is his chin but we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
            Looking how his people are leading his career so far I doubt it, but he definitely has talent to do it. He reminds me a lot of Stevie Johnston and Pernell Whitaker, he has something of both of those guys.
            My only concern is that because of money opportunities he will move up and with his size and very short arms he will have big disadventage among 130 or 135 pounders. He should stick to 126 imo and he may be the best featherweight since... I don't know, maybe Salvador Sanchez?
            i agree with all of this. I'm not sure why the Franco fight wasn't made, but it would've been a good test for Gary. I see a lot of substance in him and disagree with a lot of posters here about him being all flash.

Great amateur pedigree, very good temperament & poise for his age, timing, foot work, combination punching, decent defense, very good finisher. Oh yeah, and then there's that freakish hand speed we haven't seen since Whitaker or Taylor. I don't see him being ranked p4p even within the next two years, simply because i don't believe he'll get fed like that. His competition does need to step up though, and it needs to do so soon.

And I agree that the move to 126 needs to be a semi-permanent one until his power/body proves it can hang with bigger fish in that division. And at 126, there's an ocean of them.

He may very well have the talent to be at the top of 126, although I think the guy in my sig might have a few things to say about that.
            Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 07-14-2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Let's make it happen

Comment

He declined an IBF title eliminator bout with Franco. Now he would get an IBF title shot anyway? Never understood these eliminators.

But Haymon seems to want to move Russell along slowly. And by calling out Juanma it doesn't appear that fighting for a world title is an immediate priority.

Comment

Would love to see this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Would love to see this fight.
                    Yep.

If this doesn't happen then i'd love to see him fight Juanma.

Comment

Working...
                    X