Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire has the reflexes of Floyd Mayweather and power of Manny Pacquiao......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattleHardened View Post
    It's easier to knock people out when you are the bigger man.

Let's see him move up 10-25lbs and stil be the same fighter.
    Ridiculous post. Taller isn't the same thing as bigger. Boxing has weight classes rather than height classes for a reason. Donaire was taller than Montiel, but not bigger - he was the one moving up in weight. And fighters who are tall for their weight classes do not generally have great punching power. Michael Nunn was a very good Middleweight but despite being 6′ 3″ tall, he didn't have much power. Tyson was a 5′ 10″ Heavyweight but had incredible power. But in your opinion, I suppose, Nunn was bigger than Tyson and would have knocked Tyson out if they'd fought.

BTW, the fight night weights were: Donaire: 126 lbs, Montiel 134 lbs. so Montiel was easily the bigger man.
    Last edited by Dave Rado; 02-20-2011, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
      Got dam duke. I didnt say he didnt have power. I said he dont have 1 punch ko power over 140.

Jesus christ. Wtf is good with you dudes. **** wasnt even a diss at that.
      You're so slow you don't even know what you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        People maybe overreacting. I love Donaire and he has been high in my P4P list since forever but Im also not blind enough to see that his 2 biggest wins by far are against guys who looked much much smaller. Its like he was way more faster & skillful then them but on top of that had the dominant size advantage. It reminded me of a young Oscar at the lower weights beating up on guys who looked clearly alot smaller.

Donaire is my man but he's not nowhere near the Floyd-Pac catagory until I see him in a big fight against a guy who is physically the same sized. If he moves up and then beats or even hangs with those guys then Ill give him more props
        Another poster who doesn't understand that taller doesn't mean bigger.

Comment

Nonito Donaire is probably the most athletic fighter around right now. I have always been impressed with his intelligence and his counter punching abilities. I would say he is more like Floyd Mayweather than he is like Manny Pacquiao due to his ring smarts and defensive skills.

Comment

Working...
          X