Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it safe to say kovalev would have a similar gameplan for ward..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it safe to say kovalev would have a similar gameplan for ward..

...to the hopkins fight?...how should ward respond?

How do you see it playing out assuming ward is as good at 175?..discuss gentlemen..

Yeah I think he would have a similar game plan.

I was really surprised how composed Kovalev was all night, I think at LHW (Ward should've moved there already) Kovalev will beat Andre.

Comment

Probably but wouldn't be as effective

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

I was really surprised how composed Kovalev was all night, I think at LHW (Ward should've moved there already) Kovalev will beat Andre.
        It would be harder to pin Ward down. He's more agile with best offensive tools.

But he doesn't have Bhop's head/Chin. So Ward could get KO'd early.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

Ward/ kova would be a 50/50 fight in most boxing experts eyes....

Comment

Achieving dominance with the jab would be crucial for both guys, perhaps even moreso for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
              It would be harder to pin Ward down. He's more agile with best offensive tools.

But he doesn't have Bhop's head/Chin. So Ward could get KO'd early.
              I respect your opinion, but this is yet to be seen.

Comment

I think he'd have to be more aggressive. Ward will be more active and more effective, so Kovalev would need to work harder to keep pressure on him and win rounds.

But yeah, waiting to counter Ward coming in would and should be a part of his gameplan.

Comment

Lmfao, the kovalev from last night wins 2 rounds at most vs ward fighting like that. It's like saying amir khan can outbox mayweather in the middle of the ring. Ward is the mayweather of the higher weights, but younger. NOBODY is going to outbox ward. NOBODY. Same with mayweather, if you think you're going to outbox mayweather you already lost before you stepped into the ring *cough* alvarez *cough*.

Comment

Pretty much. I mean really ward is a younger, fresher, more energetic BHOP. They both don't throw a lot of punches, they like to clinch and smother their opponents, both very hard to hit, etc.

It would be a 50/50 fight IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X