No announcement yet.

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez Vs Austin "No Doubt" Trout: A Close Look At The Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
    Hard to call. On one hand Trout has one quality win (Cotto), but to some surprise he won easily and showed good skill doing it. On the other hand Canelo has zero quality wins. Its hard to get a read on his skills because of the low level of opposition.

I'll take Trout by decision. It throws up a red flag that GBP will let Abner Mares fight any quality contender in his weight class, but won't let Canelo fight even one. Perhaps they see something in Mares they don't see in Canelo
    If you really look Canelo has had good but not great opposition, while trout has had one good fight in his career being a not so great Cotto. While I would say professionally Canelo has had better opposition; while Trout had a serious amateur career with over 160+ wins. People are either underestimating Canelo and Trout the same way. I think it will turn into a war or atleast has the potential!

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
      If you really look Canelo has had good but not great opposition, while trout has had one good fight in his career being a not so great Cotto. While I would say professionally Canelo has had better opposition; while Trout had a serious amateur career with over 160+ wins. People are either underestimating Canelo and Trout the same way. I think it will turn into a war or atleast has the potential!
      A prime Delvin Rodriguez is better than any jr welterweight, bum, or shot fighter ginger has faced.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        Your 2B that it's the other way around?
        Works for me

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          A prime Delvin Rodriguez is better than any jr welterweight, bum, or shot fighter ginger has faced.
          And in Delvin beat who? Anyone of real relevance? I don't think so, and the fact when he did beat people it was usually smaller opponents. Delvin was 6 foot and fighting at welterweight and light middle! Please... Dude record is 26-5, Gomez has had better opposition in his weak career.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
            And in Delvin beat who? Anyone of real relevance? I don't think so, and the fact when he did beat people it was usually smaller opponents. Delvin was 6 foot and fighting at welterweight and light middle! Please... Dude record is 26-5, Gomez has had better opposition in his weak career.
            Are you sure that's how you wanna begin your defense bro??

Comment

Why if Canelo will destroy Trout Golden Boy is been avoiding that fight?

Comment

I voted Canelo by KO. I am a big Canelo fan and I believe in his skills, speed, power, and accurate combinations. He is a smart, game fighter who trains hard and is dedicated and determined. He has been fighting pro since he was 15 years old. He has a great killer instinct and if he hurts a guy he tries to finish them. I think Trout is a very good fighter but not good enough to win this fight. I don't care if Canelo has never fought anyone but midgets and bums, I am still picking him to KO Trout and beat any 154 pounder in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I voted Canelo by KO. I am a big Canelo fan and I believe in his skills, speed, power, and accurate combinations. He is a smart, game fighter who trains hard and is dedicated and determined. He has been fighting pro since he was 15 years old. He has a great killer instinct and if he hurts a guy he tries to finish them. I think Trout is a very good fighter but not good enough to win this fight. I don't care if Canelo has never fought anyone but midgets and bums, I am still picking him to KO Trout and beat any 154 pounder in the world.
                  I think you're the 1st ginger fan to keep it 100 bro. I can't even hate, rock on!!

Comment

Alvarez by UD. That's all he can do. You can't KO a fast runner like Trout no matter what you do. No doubt the ginger kid would make Trout look like a scared chicken.

Comment

Trout by easy UD, (Canelo can't cuttoff the ring better than an "old cotto") one thing that pisses me off is that people say Cotto is shot because he lost to mayweather (a fighter no one has ever beat) and trout (a guy who also has never been beat with a similar boxing style as mayweather but only bigger). Essentially to me Cotto lost his last two fights to the same type of fighter as far as how they approach fights (only difference being that mayweather is a house hold name and trout is a virtual unknown but they both are pure boxing counterpunchers), and the attributes that mayweather has that trout doesn't have, Trout makes up for in size and strength. If you don't believe me then why did mayweather say cotto was his toughest fight ever, while it seemed like another day at the office for Trout? The same trout that everyone says sucks made a hall of famer look silly. That being said, i'm not a Cotto fan, but I feel calling Cotto "shot" is disrespecting trout's victory, and I personally think that if Cotto will put in the work to make 147 he gives anyone hell (besides pacman, and mayweather) I think he and marquez would be a great fight btw. Feel free to bash my thoughts

Comment

Working...
                      X