Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shocker: Sergio Thompson Stops Jorge Linares in Two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they basically have a BOXER trying to fight like a BRAWLER...it is a complete fukin waste of A LOT OF NATURAL TALENT...it will be the same for Khan as well, sure you want to be aggressive...but you also have to know when to pace yourself and even take some rounds out but still doing enough to win them

Roach it not a good fit with every fighter, I think he works better with BRAWLERS...NOT BOXERS!

Linares has excellent hand speed and outstanding footwork but for some reason he is fighting like a damn face first brawler, he doesn't move his head and his defense is BAD...also not very good inside either...I swear all of Roach fighters have THE SAME FLAW lol
    Last edited by sicko; 03-31-2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Well you can't teach a chin. I always thought that Linares' chin was shaky based on him being knocked down a couple of times earlier in his career by smaller opponents, now that he's fighting in higher weight classes it has become more obvious that his chin is his weakness. He really is a very talented fighter though.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        I like how people make comments without watching the fight.
        it was a bad stoppage imo but he was getting tagged pretty easily and was bound to get ktfo.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          whether is was a **** stoppage or not. Linares was getting tagged in the first round and you could see an upset was coming. His defense was **** and he wasn't exactly arguing over the stoppage.
          Yep. 0 protest on Linares's side.

Comment

He was gona get stopped if the fight continued, any top 135lb stops him, i also think floyd mayweather sr would be a good trainer for him

Comment

whether is was a **** stoppage or not. Linares was getting tagged in the first round and you could see an upset was coming. His defense was **** and he wasn't exactly arguing over the stoppage.
              Thompson did the chicken dance in the 1st rd, he could have easily been stopped later in the fight. Linares was shaking his head in disgust after they announced the result.

Comment

Nothing sweeter than seeing a GBP - Freddie Roach fighter going belly up.

Hype doesn't win fights.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  he went for it...and the doctor stopped it

in Mexico for the Mexican fighter... nothing else
                  Didnt see Linares argue about the stopage.

Comment

Exactly, Linarez defense is shiiit, and he cant take a punch it seems!!!

Demarco will kill this Thopson kid, watch!!

Freddie Roach mess up Linarez style, now he is ruined!

Comment

Linares may end up being this generation's biggest waste of talent.

Anyone got footage? I thought he was stopped prematurely against De Marco too.

Comment

Working...
                      X