Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Oscar De La Hoya take a dive against Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fugu View Post
    Why would the sports biggest name take a dive? This is ******ed.
    It's not the 30s anymore. I doubt the Mafia shook Oscar down.
    LMAO true. WTF is wrong with cotto on your avatar? He is drained to hell and his lips are pale.

Comment

No.

It was a legit KO.

Comment

I see so many threads that it seems like the posters believe about half the fights are fixed. Why do you even bother watching boxing then? If I thought a bunch of the fights were fixed I wouln't watch boxing...

Comment

There was no need for him to take a dive....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
            I see so many threads that it seems like the posters believe about half the fights are fixed. Why do you even bother watching boxing then? If I thought a bunch of the fights were fixed I wouln't watch boxing...
            Where were you when i got into it with that crybaby about pac-margarito being "fixed." Ive been saying it for a while. if its fixed then GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by zero188 View Post
              Where were you when i got into it with that crybaby about pac-margarito being "fixed." Ive been saying it for a while. if its fixed then GTFO.
              I usually avoid the "fixed" threads. They are pointless.

Comment

Why would he take a dive when he was trying to win the Middeweight title of the world to add to his legacy? Also he was the sports biggest star and you know he was making more money than Hopkins and more money than anyone else in the sport. I don't see any reason how taking a dive would help him.

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
                  I believe so, that's what it looked like... liver shot my @ss...
                  i replayed that fight many times and still couldnt see that phantom shot....

Comment

Originally posted by fugu View Post
                    Why would the sports biggest name take a dive? This is ******ed.
                    It's not the 30s anymore. I doubt the Mafia shook Oscar down.
                    true.
                    where did this idiotic question/idea come from ? of course he didn't . why should he ? he was not even seriously behind on points or anything .
                    Had he won , it would have just made him an even bigger name and attraction and assured him yet even bigger and more lucrative fights . He was also far from the end of his career/ good days back then , this is something that the soon to be retired do , not what a superstar does.

Delahoya did not take a dive against Hopkins , it was just a well timed and placed liver/body shot from a much bigger and stronger man.
                    remember DLH started at 130 and Hopkins at 175.
                    DLH lowest was 130 even about half a pound less , Hopkins' was 156

Comment

fake to me. the whole fight benard carried oscar made him look good let him get his combos off win some rounds. then later on he started comming on landing some shots nothing meaningfull like he was catching trinidad with. it was a setup since he fought sturm. you see bhop beat up trinidad tarver pavlik but he struggeld with oscar but not take a beating.

and of course it be a close up weak looking body shot to send oscar down. its funny cuz i recall oscar corner calling for the shot yet bhop landed it. why not a head shot? because it would be harder to fake. that body shot was hella weak and when else have you seen bhop stop someone with a body shot?

then a week later they buddy buddy partners. bhop carried the fight made oscar look good without beating him up and stoped him with a weak setup body shot.
                      compare that bodyshot with the other bodyshot stoppages in boxing past decades and you see bhop is the weakest one. its not that he hit oscar soft it was how he threw it real short real slow and weak and oscars reaction just sold it for me

Comment

Working...
                      X