Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it embarrass the sport of boxing if someone like khan beat Barrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan deserves his shot, The man was knocked out by a complete unknown hand picked opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
      I want someone to kill khan in real life if he beats barrera. I want barrera to win so badly, but I don't like this fight since he made barrera move up in weight.
      Barrera fan boys are hurting, yall so scared and **** have one of these

Comment

It would embarrass it because Khan hasn't beaten anyone. He lost to the first person who met who had power, I don't even think Prescott is any good either. No one on Prescotts resume wows me either...
        For all anybody knows, Khan beating Barrera could be the beginning of his own assualt on the division, and many years from now people will look back on this fight as the beginning.

Khan has some major flaws, but lets not forget he has a powerful offense, and Barrera doesn't seem to deal with an offense so well anymore.

To get back to ur point - Yeah I know Khan has been fighting bums and avoiding some dangerous opponents( Yuri Romonav for one), but at the end of the day, you have to judge the fighter, and not the hype that surrounds him. Pople can be overly critical of a fighter's resume, because they are on a hype express. But a lot of great champions start on bums. Remember Tyson even.

It would be a good win for Khan, and if it happens, I think the majority of boxing fans will understand that it was the perfect time for Barrera to be taken. It won't be an embarassment to the sport imo.

Comment

Originally posted by IwatchBoxing View Post
          Barrera fan boys are hurting, yall so scared and **** have one of these
          You gonna be hurting more when Khan dies in the ring. It is only a matter of time before someone hits that glass jaw so hard, his jaw snaps off and he dies.
          Last edited by ACHlLLES; 01-16-2009, 12:05 PM.

Comment

You gonna be hurting more when Khan dies in the ring. It is only a matter of time before someone hits that glass jaw so hard, his jaw snaps off and he dies.
            Khan doesn't have a glass jaw. Prescott really KTF out of him. Anyone would have gone down. No one is questioning the greatness of Barrera, but this just isn't a fight he can win.

Comment

Why does Khan get so much hate thrown his way? Yes, he's a very confident, but I wouldn't say he was over confident in a Prince Naseem kinda way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
                Why does Khan get so much hate thrown his way? Yes, he's a very confident, but I wouldn't say he was over confident in a Prince Naseem kinda way.
                They envy his gold medal and the money he earns. I hope he can come back strong and show all the haters who the real chump is.

Comment

Young prospects feeding off of faded name fighters is as old as boxing. Anyone who can't see this is being very naive.

Comment

I think so, even if barrera isn't in his prime anymore, he should be good enough to ko or put an ass-whooping on khan even if he is going up in weight. What was that guys name who beat khan? Prescott or some ****
                    No, Barrera is old as ****.

Next.

Comment

Embarrass the sport - No

but i'd be a sad day, allowing some overhyped "prospect" beat up on a shot legend for a cheap boost in stock

then again it'd be amazing if Barrera beat him... a great moment in boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X