No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Boxer of the Month for September 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    when you omit an obvious choice, you should expect criticism, especially from posters that like and respect the FOTM threads.
    He really wasn't an obvious choice for Boxer of the Month.

Most people see Duhaupas for what he is: a limited, plodding journeyman.

Estrada fought a much better opponent.

You still haven't explained why you said undefeated Pianeta, who beat Duhaupas, was a very poor choice for Klitschko, while Wilder is Boxer of the Month for beating Duhaupas?

And Pianeta's face wasn't bruised nor eye swollen like Wilder.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 10-01-2015, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I picked Floyd just cause. But I honestly feel it was Bodou Jack.

Lol Juan Francisco Estrada? He KO'ed Hernan Marquez, the unknockoutable

This is why I say the lower weight fighters are so overrated. ****ing Hernan Marquez. He's been KO'ed a bunch of times already. Too many times to consider a TKO win over him anything special.

Boudu Jack on the other hand was underdog against Groves and won.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I picked Floyd just cause. But I honestly feel it was Bodou Jack.

Lol Juan Francisco Estrada? He KO'ed Hernan Marquez, the unknockoutable

This is why I say the lower weight fighters are so overrated. ****ing Hernan Marquez. He's been KO'ed a bunch of times already. Too many times to consider a TKO win over him anything special.

Boudu Jack on the other hand was underdog against Groves and won.
        The unknockoutable Groves had also been knocked out twice.

We can argue about it, but the truth is there were not a lot of stellar performances by anyone in September. There were some good fighters in action, but most of them were against journeyman or faded old opponents.

Comment

Keep the votes coming, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            He really wasn't an obvious choice for Boxer of the Month.

Most people see Duhaupas for what he is: a limited, plodding journeyman.

Estrada fought a much better opponent.

You still haven't explained why you said undefeated Pianeta, who beat Duhaupas, was a very poor choice for Klitschko, while Wilder is Boxer of the Month for beating Duhaupas?

And Pianeta's face wasn't bruised nor eye swollen like Wilder.
            Yes I did, because wlad is much better and on a completely different level than WIlder.

Wlad has fought and defeated and lost to many better opponents than Pianeta. WIlder has 1 win over a fighter better than duahapas.

WLad is the hwt champ, wilder is a beltholder who isn't even one of the 2 or 3 best HWT's in the world.

The gap between wilder and duhapas is galaxies closer than the gap between wlad and pianeta.

Comment

Yes I did, because wlad is much better and on a completely different level than WIlder.

Wlad has fought and defeated and lost to many better opponents than Pianeta. WIlder has 1 win over a fighter better than duahapas.

WLad is the hwt champ, wilder is a beltholder who isn't even one of the 2 or 3 best HWT's in the world.

The gap between wilder and duhapas is galaxies closer than the gap between wlad and pianeta.

Where do you rank Klitschko all-time?

I remember you voted "below the top 200" in a poll I made.

Comment

Where do you rank Klitschko all-time?

I remember you voted "below the top 200" in a poll I made.
                OK, wilder is still well below that.

Dude, you have no point to make. You put wlad as a choice for pianeta, you had kov as a choice for caparello and mohammedi, you had GGG as a choice for Monroe. As such, deontay deserved to be a choice for September even though it was duahapas he defeated.

what kind of damage his eye took has no bearing on FOTM as you surely have listed fighters who won and had black or swollen eyes.

Comment

Keep the votes coming, folks.
                  Where's Wilder in the Poll?

Comment

OK, wilder is still well below that.

Dude, you have no point to make. You put wlad as a choice for pianeta, you had kov as a choice for caparello and mohammedi, you had GGG as a choice for Monroe. As such, deontay deserved to be a choice for September even though it was duahapas he defeated.

what kind of damage his eye took has no bearing on FOTM as you surely have listed fighters who won and had black or swollen eyes.
                    Think of the difference between a mandatory (Mohammedi) an undefeated contender (Caparello, Pianeta) and a journeyman who lost to a boxer (Pianeta) you said was no good. And Wilder struggled with that journeyman, getting a bruised face and a swollen eye, rather than easily destroying him in a few rounds.

Come on man, it's not rocket science. Try to view boxers more objectively.

Comment

Think of the difference between a mandatory (Mohammedi) an undefeated contender (Caparello, Pianeta) and a journeyman who lost to a boxer (Pianeta) you said was no good. And Wilder struggled with that journeyman, getting a bruised face and a swollen eye, rather than easily destroying him in a few rounds.

Come on man, it's not rocket science. Try to view boxers more objectively.
                      you said the criteria was "quality opposition". all of these opponents fail to meet this criteria.

duahapas, while not ranked when he fought wilder, was much less of an underdog than either Monroe, pineta or mohammedi were even though they were ranked and/or the mandatory. that wilder got a bruised or swollen eye has no bearing.

I am being objective. I am using your criteria and your past lists to show objectively why Wilder should be a choice.

Additionally, I am using the fact he was in the 2nd biggest FOTM and had the most viewers, thus showing he meets your other criteria of "major fights". even though we agree wilder is not a great fighter.

Seeing this, the question becomes why list the others as choices but not Wilder when they all meet the requirements you established?

Comment

Working...
                      X