Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would tyson have done well in a lower division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would tyson have done well in a lower division?

If cus d'Amato had made tyson fight at a lower weightclass because of his lenght, im talking about light heavyweight or middleweight. Tyson would have fought guys his lenght or shorter, do you think he would be able to fight from the outside with his short arms cause he wouldn't be able to duck under punches and fight from the inside.

no he wouldve been severly weightdrained and weak..hes a stocky guy

Comment

He may have been and i hate to say it but he may have been fleetfooted also

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
        no he wouldve been severly weightdrained and weak..hes a stocky guy
        yeah i know , he was a natural heavy but what if they had him lost weight in a healthy way, would he be able to beat guys like jones or tony?

Comment

Originally posted by Fidayeen View Post
          yeah i know , he was a natural heavy but what if they had him lost weight in a healthy way, would he be able to beat guys like jones or tony?

at middleweight??jones and toney ko his ass

Comment

Originally posted by Fidayeen View Post
            If cus d'Amato had made tyson fight at a lower weightclass because of his lenght, im talking about light heavyweight or middleweight. Tyson would have fought guys his lenght or shorter, do you think he would be able to fight from the outside with his short arms cause he wouldn't be able to duck under punches and fight from the inside.
            obviously, but he didn't have to.

Comment

Tyson was 180 pounds of muscle as a 12 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                Yeah he was always built like a pittbull fellas. maybe he could have stuck to cruiser weight and topped off at 199 pounds rather then the 212 he started at but I don't think he would have been as good as he was in the HEavy's....Lefty

Comment

Tyson could have maybe squeezed down to the modern definition of cruiserweight at best. Back in the 80s the limit was 190, likely impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post

EXACTLY!

end thread

Comment

Working...
                    X