Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto will defeat all the fighter that Floyd jr. fought in their Best True or False?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    The real question should be would Floyd defeat all the fighters that Cotto fought.
    Like who? Mosley? Margarito? The mosley fight might still happen, but the margarito fight? It would have been baldomir v. 2.0

who else is on there...corley, judah, ndou...

or guys like Quintana, Gomez or Urkal.

Pac and mayweather are about to fight.

So unless you are going to argue that Cottos resume is better Mayweathers, which it clearly isnt, that would be a very very dumb question to pose.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
      there is no garuntee cotto destroys castillo or corralles at `140, especially considering that Castillo was extremely durable, even at 140 and could take alot of big shots, not to mention, he was a better inside fighter than cotto.
      okey destroy maybe to harsh, but I would surely put cotto as the favorite to beat those guys at 140 ...

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
        okey destroy maybe to harsh, but I would surely put cotto as the favorite to beat those guys at 140 ...
        Cotto wouldnt be a favorite not even in the slightest, the same guy who had to go to war to beat ricardo torres wouldnt survive against a iron chinned finisher like castillo. Cotto/Corralles is a better fight. But against castillo, thats just a terrible matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
          you can't say that he will have because to run threw Mayweathers resume is to face those guys at the weights Floyd fought them at in the times he did it, Cotto wouldn't have made 130 he barely made 140.. you can pick and choose this version and that version but to accurately answer this question you'd have to ask if Cotto could go through FLOYD'S resume, meaning the fights at the weights and time period and I don't think he could, it would be unfair to phrase the question as is and then just randomly pick and choose versions of these guys Floyd fought and not under the SAME EXACT circumstances Floyd was in just with Cotto instead
          i think we should pick the same version of those fighters that fought floyd but in cotto's category @140-147 ...

too bad questions & discussions like this needs a lot of wiggle room to allow it to be well debated...

Comment

The real question should be would Floyd defeat all the fighters that Cotto fought.

Comment

Cotto wouldnt be a favorite not even in the slightest, the same guy who had to go to war to beat ricardo torres wouldnt survive against a iron chinned finisher like castillo. Cotto/Corralles is a better fight. But against castillo, thats just a terrible matchup.
              lolz i would like to debate you on castillo/cotto but i liked castillo more than i like cotto... so I would leave that open for other to discuss...

but do you agree cotto will be favorite over coralles @ 140?

Comment

True

Cotto would've beaten them too in a much more impressive fashion.

Just look at what Cotto did to Chop Chop Corley and Zab Judah.

The question should be, Can Mayweather be still undefeated if he fights the guys Cotto fought?
                We'll never know
                cause the ***** is scared to fight them.
                Last edited by VERDUGO; 12-17-2009, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                  lolz i would like to debate you on castillo/cotto but i liked castillo more than i like cotto... so I would leave that open for other to discuss...

but do you agree cotto will be favorite over coralles @ 140?
                  depends on which version were talking about, corralles would be 10 lbs higher than the weight that made him p4p, and he simply didint do enough at 140 for me to really know. If we are talking say, the version that castillo fought that still doesnt tell me enough. If he moved up one division to take on cotto it depends on if cotto gets caught, which he had a tendency to do at 140, Diego never fought tall and would try to make it a war, i think cotto/corralles in that sense is an even fight.

Comment

Like who? Mosley? Margarito? The mosley fight might still happen, but the margarito fight? It would have been baldomir v. 2.0

who else is on there...corley, judah, ndou...

or guys like Quintana, Gomez or Urkal.

Pac and mayweather are about to fight.

So unless you are going to argue that Cottos resume is better Mayweathers, which it clearly isnt, that would be a very very dumb question to pose.
                    Quintana has a win over Paul Williams.

Clottey was arguably the #2 in the welterweight division behind Mosley before May-Marquez.

Comment

Quintana has a win over Paul Williams.

Clottey was arguably the #2 in the welterweight division behind Mosley before May-Marquez.
                      Yes and that was another fight i firmly believe cotto lost. Quintana? Come on man, whats he going to do, outbox mayweather? Quintanas win over williams tells us nothing that would suggest he would even be competitive with mayweather. WIlliams and Joel Julio are his only signature wins.

Clottey vs Mayweather would be incredibly boring, Mayweather would simply use movement and potshot his way through an inactive clottey, thats a fight i hope NEVER happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X