No announcement yet.

Demetrius Andrade wants to challenge for WBO MW title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    That would be ******ed, he shouldn't be able to walk into middleweight and get a title shot. He's not one of those fighters that should be able to get away with that.
    I'm ok with it if he's trading in his JMW title (which probably isn't the case). Saunders would still be in line for a title shot regardless.

Comment

I'd be happy with Korobov vs BJS or Andrade. Both good fights.

Andrade must be struggling to make 154, he's a big guy. 160 needs more good fighters so it'd be good for boxing if he moved up. I think he beats Korobov.

Comment

Make it happen. That'll be a good scrap

Comment

So the WBO 154 is now free for Bradley vs Cotto or Canelo?

Comment

This is great news. I hope the WBO grants Andrade the opportunity. This would be a tough fight for him, but a very interesting opportunity.

Comment

Isn't Blow-Job Saunas the mandatory? Why would they give Andrade the shot over him?

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post

Canelo's never fighting at 154 again. He can't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Isn't Blow-Job Saunas the mandatory? Why would they give Andrade the shot over him?
                  No he is not the mandatory, he is just the highest rated challenger after Korobov, that doesn't make him the mandatory.

Andrade is the WBO champion a weight class south. A lot of sanctioning organizations grant their champions an immediate shot when they move up.

At the end of the day, money talks. Whichever promoter gives the WBO more money under the table will get the title shot for their fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                    He'd have to officially vacate it first

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Rated #2, evidently the sanctioning bodies have a thing where if a title holder goes to that division, they become the mando...or something like that.
                      How Paul Butler is mando and getting the IBF 115 shot

Comment

Working...
                      X