Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo going to be aggressive against Lara?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two major picks have been wrong so far so I might be wrong on this Canelo/Lara fight too Not sure who my last major pick was before the Cotto/Martinez fight. It was probably the Danny Garcia fight.

Comment

Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
      like last night? lol
      If Canelo can manage to get a draw on one card against Floyd, then all he needs to do is make it 12 against anyone.

Comment

from canelos own words, he will be even more aggressive then he was vs angulo...
        he cares too much about fans and he knows he lost so many on the way he approached the floyd fight, dont expect him to try to outbox anybody again, he didnt do it vs slow motion angulo, he wouldnt do it vs slick boxers, lesson learned... canelo by ko

Comment

by the way im surprised to see some posters with judges excuses already, like they dont know almighty haymond is on laras side.... canelo by ko, he is not going to let the judges take this from him like they did to molina.. KO

Comment

He already stated he will come in more aggressive than his performance vs Angulo. Seeing how Canelo is knowledgeable when it comes down to his opponents, i think he learned from the FM Jr fight and won't try to outbox the boxer. Even though Canelo is a good boxer i think he will do just fine as an aggressive forward fighter fighting behind blazing combos.

So... everyone is calling it a robbery already.. Holy crap folks just shut up already.First you cried wolf when you were so confident Canelo would duck Lara. Then Canelo shut all his doubters up by taking the fight, no credit to Canelo cause he is protected doe. Then everyone was saying how Lara would just school Canelo and even KTFO "Ginger", now it's the scorecards are filled, Lara won already but the judges have had their card ready since 2009. Just stop, if he wins he wins, if he loses he lost. Now if it's controversial and a B.S. gift decision or what not than i assure you not even Canelo would be happy, realise that Alvarez is a proud man and he takes his victories well, but he also understands his loss(es). He only took this fight because of the FANS! He is being dictated not by his promoter or manager like most current boxers but by himself and by his FANS and doubters. He would give Lara a rematch if their was a sense of robbery after July 12th.

but but but Lara is undefeated it's just Canelo paid those judges too to give Lara a blemished record doe...

but but the cards were filled since Lara approached Canelo at the stand doe…

but but Canelo already lost because Lara already beat him so July 12th is a figment of your imagination doe..

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
              from canelos own words, he will be even more aggressive then he was vs angulo...
              he cares too much about fans and he knows he lost so many on the way he approached the floyd fight, dont expect him to try to outbox anybody again, he didnt do it vs slow motion angulo, he wouldnt do it vs slick boxers, lesson learned... canelo by ko
              Great news, plus if Angulo slow plodding self could reach Lara then why can't Canelo? I bet the ring won't even be 20".

Comment

He'll be more agrresive while fighting in the middle of the ring in spurts. He needs a high punch output he won't win being cautious and cute. His ego took a big hit and he realized that while he's a very good boxer he's not a great boxer who will be able to outbox everyone.

He's talented enough to compete with Lara even though I can't envision him beating Lara clearly by simply boxing. However, we already know the scorecards are all filled out 120-100 in Canelo's favor so what's the point

Comment

I would think he has to be.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    Great news, plus if Angulo slow plodding self could reach Lara then why can't Canelo? I bet the ring won't even be 20".
                    Angulo catching Lara had nothing to do with speed. He could have been even slower and still drop Lara. He was ready to get hit just to get close to work the body and then go upstairs. Angulo took a lot of straight left hands to the head plodding forward but he didn't care because that's his style. Canelo is more of a mid-range boxer who likes to stay in the center of the ring.

Comment

He will be very aggressive and he will combine that aggressiveness with good boxing. He will use a stiff jab and fast, powerful combinations to the head and body. He will be the one coming forward and taking the fight to Lara.

Comment

Working...
                      X