• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs Trout is official. May 4!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
      Exactly......
      Now tell me this.....
      Who has Guerrero beat to make Floyd want to duck him?
      Aydin who just lost to Journymen Boxer Soto Karass and Berto off of his PED's I guess, I don't know and I like The Ghost but to even suggest that Mayweather is ducking him or somehow scared of him is REACHING!

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
        Marquez has a great resume.
        When you fight Pacquiao 4 times and move up to fight Mayweather, that says alot right there.

But to say that Floyd doesn't take risk and cherry picks is a joke when Marquez has recently in his last five fights fought the likes of Pacquiao twice, Ramos,Fedchenko,Katsidis,.

Seems to me that Marquez doesn't like to risk the Pacquiao fights so he fights bums in between them.

So it's okay for Marquez to take tuneups but not okay for Mayweather?
        And i'm sorry but there was nothing dangerous about Juan Diaz when Marquez fought him the second time after he had already ko'd him in the first fight.

There was nothing dangerous about a washed up Casamayor.
        Or a washed up Barrera.

Throw in victor polo, Kokietgym,Salido ,jaca,and Rocky Juarez . Not elite fighters if you ask me.

Marquez greatness comes from beating Pacquiao thats it.
        If you question Floyds resume then you have to question Marquez's.
        When you're the P4P top fighter in the world and only fight once a year or so, then NO you shouldn't be giving your fans "tune-ups". My arguement is about Mayweather hand picking convenient/easier fights. He should have fought all those guys I listed earlier but he didn't. Instead he fought a bloated lightweight in Marquez, Vic Ortiz, battle worn Cotto, and now Guerrero or Alexander. Come on son!? He should have fought Pac YEARS ago! Martinez is the fight to make and he doesn't dare mention his name. If that's not a history of cherry picking then I don't know what is.

As far as Marquez's resume. Dias was dangerous when Marquez fought him! A young former lightweight division champion with just 1 loss! How was he not a threat? Hell, he gave Marquez hell in their first fight. Casamayor was old when they fought but he still was the RING lineal champion when they fought and Marquez iced him! First time he had been stopped btw! As far as him beating Barrera, Chris John, and Salido...I won't dignify that ridiculous comment with a response. While Pac was fighting Arum's "safe bets" for millions, Marquez was going through high risk/low reward fights for crumbs in hopes of that Pac fight. Give Marquez his dues.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Casamayor was the RING Lightweight champ when Marquez fought him.....not prime but he was still good.

I remember there being interest in a Diaz rematch, but I was talking more about the first Diaz fight. But the last 2 1/2 - 3 years, Marquez only notable win has been Manny. I want to see Marquez fight Bradley, Rios, Matthysse, Garcia, if he intends on fighting still.
          Exactly! He rematched Diaz because it was the 2009 "Fight of the Year". I don't blame Marquez for being careful once he knew he might finally get another crack at Pacquiao. That was the fight he needed to be able to provide for his family for the rest of his life. Compare that to fighting and possibly losing to some up and coming fighters for crumbs. There goes his retirement plan. After all is said and done, he obviously made the right career moves. Got a Pac 2x "$$$" and got his revenge. Now he's the man and is calling the shots. Family set for life. Can't hate on that!
          Last edited by GodInFleshSuit; 02-15-2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
            He just mad that Mayweather humiliated him in front a whole bunch of Mexicans when Floyd fought him.

Floyd took plenty of risk,he fought Diego Corrales when Corrales was undefeated and ko`ed everybody left and right,He took on Castillo twice,He signed to fight Zab Judah when Zab was coming off of a win over a prime Cory Spinks and that fight was considered dangerous for Floyd before Zab lost to baldomir,Floyd also took on a much bigger Delahoya with no catchweights and Floyd came in at 150 while Oscar came in weighing in his mid to late 160`s minimum.He took on Cotto with no catchweights.While Marquez moved up and asked Pacquiao and Mayweather for catchweights and avoided Amir Khan when Khan challenged him.
            lol.. a bonified *****! first corrales was way too slow.. all heart.. RIP.. castillo was robbed at least once.. zab had just lost to baldomir.. cory who? de la hoya was like 50 and just gone the distance with 2 pound.. ha ha.. cotto.. tested him and most people wont really consider cotto a jr middle.. never really felt like he was a threat.. marquez a light weight.. wont even mention that..

i have a feeling you're going to google this..

Comment

• And then what about when he fights him?

Then it's going to have been an easy fight all along.

Comment

• How can you call Diaz a dangerous fight.....than say Floyd cherry picked Ortiz, Cotto, and now Guerrero??? That's a double standard if I've ever seen one.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  And then what about when he fights him?

Then it's going to have been an easy fight all along.
                  Same thing happened with Mosley and Ortiz. And even before the Cotto fight, when Mayweather-Canelo was being reported, all these people on here were talking about how he should at least fight Cotto, who's still atop fighter at 154, and what not. Than.....of course the same thing happened.

Same thing with Guerrero, only people started early now. Guerrero, though he's #3 at 147 (already beat #2 Marquez), Floyd can't fight a top guy at his weight anymore, without it being called a cherry pick. I swear I've never seen a guy held to this high of standard. We all know if Marquez or Pacquiao fought Guerrero, it'd be a "great fight"/"good fight" to all these people.

Comment

• Originally posted by ox805er View Post
                    lol.. a bonified *****! first corrales was way too slow.. all heart.. RIP.. castillo was robbed at least once.. zab had just lost to baldomir.. cory who? de la hoya was like 50 and just gone the distance with 2 pound.. ha ha.. cotto.. tested him and most people wont really consider cotto a jr middle.. never really felt like he was a threat.. marquez a light weight.. wont even mention that..

i have a feeling you're going to google this..
                    He fought Genaro Hernandez, lineal champ at 130, at 21 years old. He fought Manfredy coming off beating a prime Gatti. He fought undefeated and Top 10 P4P Corrales. He fought #1 LW and coming off a win over Johnston, Jose Luis Castillo. He fought Oscar at 154 lbs, when Oscar had every single advantage in the book that night. He fought Top 10 P4P and undefeated Hatton. He fought #2 P4P Marquez, which was crap at the time, but how does that look now??? He fought #3 P4P Mosley, coming off beating Margarito.

On top of those wins, he's compiled a list of other good wins too. Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, Ortiz, and Cotto as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                      agree...floyd will do better against alexander who will fight at a distance and not throw much but guerrero will be on top of him like cotto was and jow ortiz was starting to...floyd wants the easier fight

Ortiz was getting pieced up and was already hurt once when Floyd hit him with a 4 or 5 punch combo.. Ortiz was getting stopped one way or the other. People can't see past their disgust for a fighter to see the truth. You're also talking about the same Alexander that Bradley completely outclassed right?

Comment

Working...
                      X