Breaking Bad[TV]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best show ever. love it

Comment

• What a long strange and wild journey it has been! I finally got to sit down and watch the whole series over the course of two weeks. What an unbelievable transformation of a man. On paper, the premise seems incredibly far fetched - a high school chemistry teacher becomes a feared diabolical meth cook and violent drug kingpin. But through smart well written scripts, story and character development it was almost entirely believable. There's so much to talk about this show...

For me one, the most prominent theme of this show, is the concept of taking risk, facing your fears and not holding back. You see this in Walt throughout the whole show. In Season 1, Walt confronts a tall athletic teenage kid who was mocking his son. Walt is shorter, older and frail compared to the boy but his unrelenting ferocity and intensity prove to be much for the boy to take. In season 2 Walt goes into Tuco's headquarters confronting the psychopathic drug dealer and bombing it. In the series finale, Walt without hesitation, goes to white supremacist gang's compound and take's em all out. This theme was one of my favorite aspects of the show - the sense of facing danger, not holding back and not wavering

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        What a long strange and wild journey it has been! I finally got to sit down and watch the whole series over the course of two weeks. What an unbelievable transformation of a man. On paper, the premise seems incredibly far fetched - a high school chemistry teacher becomes a feared diabolical meth cook and violent drug kingpin. But through smart well written scripts, story and character development it was almost entirely believable. There's so much to talk about this show...

For me one, the most prominent theme of this show, is the concept of taking risk, facing your fears and not holding back. You see this in Walt throughout the whole show. In Season 1, Walt confronts a tall athletic teenage kid who was mocking his son. Walt is shorter, older and frail compared to the boy but his unrelenting ferocity and intensity prove to be much for the boy to take. In season 2 Walt goes into Tuco's headquarters confronting the psychopathic drug dealer and bombing it. In the series finale, Walt without hesitation, goes to white supremacist gang's compound and take's em all out. This theme was one of my favorite aspects of the show - the sense of facing danger, not holding back and not wavering
        Congrats on completing it. One of my favorites ever. It was an unbelievable transformation of a man. A normal guy's rise to power and eventual fall. In the start he was so timid and humble. No on around could predict what he would become. No one would have suspected that this mild family man could develop such an ego or that some day he would topple so many crime kingpins with smarts.

One of the few series that had it from beginning to end!
        Last edited by TBear; 02-23-2015, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• There's a lot to talk about...

Here's a few

The scene where Mike is riding in the back of a Pollos Hermanos truck; it gets stopped and then sprayed with bullets from two machinegun toting cartel guns. How is it that Mike does not get fatally wounded? Was Mike in some protective shell inside the back of the truck? it just seemed a lil too far fetched that he would be able to survive a hail of bullets like that

How does Walt (or whoever) administer the poison to Brock?

How is it that Declan and his crew are so easily wasted by the white supremacist gang?

Comment

There's a lot to talk about...

Here's a few

The scene where Mike is riding in the back of a Pollos Hermanos truck; it gets stopped and then sprayed with bullets from two machinegun toting cartel guns. How is it that Mike does not get fatally wounded? Was Mike in some protective shell inside the back of the truck? it just seemed a lil too far fetched that he would be able to survive a hail of bullets like that

How does Walt (or whoever) administer the poison to Brock?

How is it that Declan and his crew are so easily wasted by the white supremacist gang?
            They were aiming high, and Mike was flat in the bed. He still could have been hit fatally, but he got lucky.

I'm pretty sure the creator said Walt put it in a juice box at Brock's school. Think the same way he did with the ricin in the Stivia packet for Lydia, I guess.

Declan was small time.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              They were aiming high, and Mike was flat in the bed. He still could have been hit fatally, but he got lucky.

I'm pretty sure the creator said Walt put it in a juice box at Brock's school. Think the same way he did with the ricin in the Stivia packet for Lydia, I guess.

Declan was small time.
              The cartel guys sprayed the truck throughout, it's unlikely that Mike would have survived just from laying flat. Maybe he was laying in a protective barrier.

So Walt, snuck into Brock's school, found his juicebox and laced it with poison without any seeing anything?

Declan was not small time. He was a major player in the regional meth market and was ready to pay $15m for the methylene

Comment

• "Thanks, and have an A1 day!"

Comment

The cartel guys sprayed the truck throughout, it's unlikely that Mike would have survived just from laying flat. Maybe he was laying in a protective barrier.

So Walt, snuck into Brock's school, found his juicebox and laced it with poison without any seeing anything?

Declan was not small time. He was a major player in the regional meth market and was ready to pay $15m for the methylene
                  Mike did have all those boxes set up. I don't know what was in them, maybe enough to keep him safe.

Compared to Lydia, who the white supremacists had backing them, Declan was small time.

A lot of people had a problem with Walt poisoning Brock because we didn't see it. Way I look at it, that can't be any harder than poisoning Lydia was. But I get why people are upset we didn't see exactly how.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Mike did have all those boxes set up. I don't know what was in them, maybe enough to keep him safe.

Compared to Lydia, who the white supremacists had backing them, Declan was small time.

A lot of people had a problem with Walt poisoning Brock because we didn't see it. Way I look at it, that can't be any harder than poisoning Lydia was. But I get why people are upset we didn't see exactly how.
                    I think Mike foresaw the attack and prepared the boxes with a bullet proof material.

Declan, I'll give ya

Yes, the Brock poisoning would be much harder to pull off than the Lydia poisoning. Walt knew exactly that Lydia goes to the café at an exact time and sits at the same table. As to Brock, Walt would not any of this info. He'd have to go into a public school and sneak the poison into his lunchbox. I guess that was the biggest stretch for me.

Comment

Yes, the Brock poisoning would be much harder to pull off than the Lydia poisoning. Walt knew exactly that Lydia goes to the café at an exact time and sits at the same table. As to Brock, Walt would not any of this info. He'd have to go into a public school and sneak the poison into his lunchbox. I guess that was the biggest stretch for me.
                      There's a scene in the season finale of season 4 where Saul's secretary is shredding papers and for a second or two you can see that it's Brock's school schedule. It's just a throwaway scene but Gilligan is just so detail oriented.

Comment

Working...
                      X