Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could any of the ATG bantamweights beat Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    I don't think so, he'd have to beat more than 4 contenders, if he'd cleared out this currently damn good division it would be a different story.
    I think it should, He has beaten Darchinyan and Montiel, I think all he needs to do is get past Moreno and the bantam tourney winner. That pretty much is clearing the division.

Comment

Originally posted by El Más Mejor View Post
      I think it should, He has beaten Darchinyan and Montiel, I think all he needs to do is get past Moreno and the bantam tourney winner. That pretty much is clearing the division.
      Not really, no one has blown anyone out and took them out of the rankings, he could fight Kameda, Morel, Perez, Mabuza, HH if he can come back down and someone will probably come relevant in that hypothetical process. Also he never beat Darch at 118 so it doesn't add to his BW resume.

Comment

Eder Jofre, size would not make a difference here at all, one of the most complete boxers I've ever seen, he could do everything at the highest level.

Panama Al Brown, people complain about Donaire being a big Bantam, Al was damn 6'', physical freak and extremely skilled / talented .

Lionel Rose on his best day gives anyone hell at Bantam.

Others, Ruben Olivares, Fighting Harada, Orlando Canizales, Manuel Ortiz, Zarate (Maybe) probably a few more.

Not taking anything away from Donaire before people start *****ing, I do think he's something special, but Bantam has had some extra ordinary talent, more so then most people seem to realize, if he continues to perform like he did last Saturday against top competition then he will be way on his way to being a great but as of now I wouldn't place him to beat many of the highest level Bantams especially not Al Brown or Jofre, those 2 left me in awe more then anyone else I've ever seen, period.
        Last edited by NChristo; 02-28-2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          I don't think so, he'd have to beat more than 4 contenders, if he'd cleared out this currently damn good division it would be a different story.
          I think destroying Sydorenko and Montiel then going on to beat Moreno and Agbeko convincingly is atleast enough to debate the status.

He will have pretty much cleaned out the division at that point. Atleast the best fighters in the division anyway.

Maybe if he stayed around and defended his title against the other contenders he would solify it. But he's not going to do that. IF he unifys the division he will definitely leave.

Beating Sydorenko, Montiel, Moreno and Agbeko one after the other would be an amazing feat.

Comment

Panama Al Brown!! Forgot about him, yeah I see him beating Donaire. Highly skillful, slick, and very tall for a BW.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
              Slow down chief. Let's see how he does coming up before we start saying that Eder Jofre has no chance. I mean, we are talking about Eder Jofre here.
              lol man i was thinking the same thing!!!! i think boxing fans are victims of lack of talent or exciting fights or something!!!!!!! anybody who wins is the greatest ever and comparable to all the greats

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger78 View Post
                lol man i was thinking the same thing!!!! i think boxing fans are victims of lack of talent or exciting fights or something!!!!!!! anybody who wins is the greatest ever and comparable to all the greats
                Well which ATG BW do you think can beat him, and why? Donaire vs Montiel was an exciting fight and Montiel is a special talent who deserves to be HOFer, and Donaire made him look like a scrub. He also beat Sydorenko brutally, who was no joke and gave Moreno and Agbeko tough fights. I've seen many of these ATG BWs' fights and I just think Donaire beats most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                  Well which ATG BW do you think can beat him, and why? Donaire vs Montiel was an exciting fight and Montiel is a special talent who deserves to be HOFer, and Donaire made him look like a scrub. He also beat Sydorenko brutally, who was no joke and gave Moreno and Agbeko tough fights. I've seen many of these ATG BWs' fights and I just think Donaire beats most of them.
                  lets give him time mate hes definately on his way to being an ATG but he has had a size advantage in alot of his fights

Comment

Did you see those fights bro?

Moreno won quite convincingly both times.

But Sydorenko is a good win at Bantam no doubt he has been in the top 5 since 2006.

Comment

IF he beats Moreno and Agbeko would you guys consider Donaire an ATG bantam? I would.
                      If they're resounding wins, then yes without a doubt. Maybe a rematch with Darchinyan to seal it? But I don't really think he needs that. Dominant KO win over Montiel and good wins over them? That's an ATG resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X