Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm usually a fan of the sweet science, but that wasn't it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you slap me 100 times but I punch you 50 times with my fists, who do you think wins?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Child View Post
      Fight was a draw. I think his movement was fine, it was his lack of punching that was the problem. Chris Algieri used movement just as much but when you're not punching a whole lot you're gonna have a tough time winning rounds.
      I'm OK with a draw. The problem is, I almost feel as if Lara's objective tonight became to spoil Canelo's party when he discovered his rivals all-around skill was too much to overcome. At some point it's almost like Lara regressed from the pure boxing phase he showcased from the beginning rounds into an irritating stage of hide and go seek. His offense was way dysfunctional.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Lara should have stayed in the Pocket a bit and countered, where the hell was the left uppercut and the straight left, he fought too damn safe. He could have really ran away with this fight IMO.

When you make people miss at least COUNTER don't just Circle and walk around the ring, Lara did TOO MUCH OF THAT when he could have been countering and tagging the hell out of Canelo after making him miss BADLY
        I noticed that too, there were lots of openings for Lara to throw counters to the body or uppercuts but he chose to play it safe.. in fact I can't remember if he threw ANY body shots the whole fight and he should have done because that would have helped slow canelo down - just like canelo was throwing those body shots to slow lara down..

Comment

Sweet science is using movement and parrying to make your opponent look dumb while also staying close enough to land with power (hence not running).

Running makes YOU look dumb and leaves your opponent stalking you around the ring bored out of his mind trying to salvage both of your careers.

I'd take a clumsy brawler over the latter.
          Last edited by Puncho; 07-13-2014, 03:12 AM.

Comment

As far as fake fights go it wasn't a very entertaining one.

Comment

Lara ran just too much !!!! He had the fight and gave it away !!!

Comment

Working...
              X