Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Pryor vs Julio Caesar Chavez at 140, who takes it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pryor's style would give JCC fits, I don't even see Pryor getting knocked down early in this one because JCC was a slow starter, Pryor knew how to move side to side to offset his opponents, he just didn't use it in many of his fights but I think he'd use it in this one, Pryor would probably ditch that at times and come forward and probably run into something from JCC but JCC wasn't the biggest puncher with 1 punch. I think Pryor takes this by decision.

Comment

Chavez is one of the most overrated boxers in the history of the sport. Pryor would dominate this fight, just like he would dominate Roberto Duran.

Comment

Chavez would KO Alexis in 3?
        Pryor would dominate Duran?
        Wow is all I have to say.....

Back to the original question, I think Chavez wins a UD or even SD but I could see it going either way....very tough fight and would be a total brawl/dog fight, I would like to see which fighter would be the one backiing up in this fight....

Comment

have some of you seen pryor's fights? he'd murder JCC in the late rounds...and no disrespect to JCC on this...but pryor was a ****ing monster when he needed to be...

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
            have some of you seen pryor's fights? he'd murder JCC in the late rounds...and no disrespect to JCC on this...but pryor was a ****ing monster when he needed to be...

I agree that Pryor was a great fighter, and is very underrated....but Chavez wasn't to bad himself don't ya agree?....I don't see either guy getting KO'd, but it would've possible been a total blood bath

Comment

Pryor would take this. The fact that you can't phase Pryor at all is a main fact. Look at the Arguello fight. He was dominating Arguello, then Arguello landed his patented right hand, a giant right might I add, "And that was Aaron Pryor, he'd take your best punch, spit in your eye, then kick your ass!". Pryor being so relentless would be trouble for JCC's style.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                I agree that Pryor was a great fighter, and is very underrated....but Chavez wasn't to bad himself don't ya agree?....I don't see either guy getting KO'd, but it would've possible been a total blood bath
                i do agree...chavez had heart beyond heart...but that was almost pryor's specialty...i could definitely see a stoppage by either the corner or the ref before the 11th was out...it seemed no matter how much his opponents would push...pryor would push just that much harder for the win...would be a spectacular fight tho...

Comment

I think this is definately a distance fight, both guys had granite chins. Until the ends of their respective careers neither was seriously hurt.

This is to compliment the JCC highlight. I couldn't pick a winner tbh.

Comment

Pryor all day who I feel would give Whitaker, Camacho, and Duran problems also

Comment

Pryor...like locusts.

Comment

Working...
                      X