Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 4 years the golden state warriors will become the dominant force in basketball

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] In 4 years the golden state warriors will become the dominant force in basketball

And that will only be true if This man Buys the warriors.

Billionaire Larry Ellison, one of the most competitive people on earth.

Warriors sale could lead to big changes

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports Mar 22, 10:45 pm EDT

OAKLAND, Calif. – With Monday’s announcement that the Golden State Warriors are officially for sale, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison remains at “the top of the list” of suitors for the franchise, NBA sources said.

The Warriors announced Monday they have hired Galatioto Sports Partners to spearhead the sale of the struggling franchise. Sources said as many as six potential buyers have made inquiries and a sale could be completed within three months, but Ellison is the only suitor who has so far publicly acknowledged his interest.

“He’s at the top of the list,” one league source said. “Everyone else is two, three, four and five. If he wants to buy it, he’s going to buy it.”
    More From Marc J. Spears

Former Los Angeles Lakers guard Magic Johnson also could have some interest in becoming involved in an ownership group, a source said, provided he sells his minority stake in the Lakers. George Postolos, who had hoped to buy the Charlotte Bobcats, also could surface as a potential buyer.

Ellison is ranked by Forbes magazine as the sixth-richest person in the world with a total wealth of $28 billion. If Ellison were to purchase the Warriors, league sources say former Lakers and Memphis Grizzlies general manager Jerry West could emerge as a leading candidate to head basketball operations for the franchise.

Warriors owner Chris Cohan has considered selling the franchise for several months. Sources say Cohan believes he can make more money if he sells now than next year when an expected capital-gains tax increase could trim his sale profit.

Michael Jordan recently purchased the Charlotte Bobcats for a reported $275 million. In 2004, Robert Sarver led an ownership group that bought the Phoenix Suns for an NBA record $401 million. One source projected the price of the Warriors would exceed that of the Suns largely because of the attractiveness of the Bay Area market.

Cohan has owned the Warriors for 17 seasons, and the franchise’s lack of success during his tenure has angered Bay Area fans. Golden State again ranks near the bottom of the Western Conference standings this season. An ownership change could lead to an overhaul of the team’s front-office and coaching staffs.

Warriors coach Don Nelson has one year remaining on his contract worth $6 million, but didn’t sound concerned about his future.

“There’s a possibility, sure. But they can change anything, anytime they want,” said Nelson, who is 69. “No, I’m not nervous about anything. I’m almost 70 years old. I don’t get nervous about anything any more. I will say I get nervous when [his wife] Miss Joy is not happy.”

Nelson needs five wins to pass Lenny Wilkens for the most by a coach in NBA history. The Warriors have 12 games remaining, which makes Nelson far from a lock to get the record this season.

“If it happens, it happens,” Nelson said. “If it doesn’t, it doesn’t. The players probably want to get it for me more than I want it.”

Yahoo! Sports NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski contributed to this report.

how cool is that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
      how cool is that.
      that would be crazy, the warriors would have the richest owner in all of sports.

Ellison is also one of the most ruthless and arrogant if not the most billionaire in the world.

The warriors would rule basketball for 20 years.

Comment

the warriors have the nicest uniforms/team colors in the nba, they need good players man.

i remember seeing the 06-07 playoffs, their arena got packed and everyone was wearing gold t-shirts, it was crazy.

Comment

Takes much longer than 4 years to rebuild a sorry franchise.

Comment

Fook 4 years!!!

2012 Warriors will be champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpinDoctor View Post
              that would be crazy, the warriors would have the richest owner in all of sports.

Ellison is also one of the most ruthless and arrogant if not the most billionaire in the world.

The warriors would rule basketball for 20 years.
              I hope Bill Gates buys the Nets.

SpinDoctor's the most billionaire will have company.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                Takes much longer than 4 years to rebuild a sorry franchise.
                nah, all it takes is 1 ruthless owner with 30 billion dollars.

Comment

i hope they dont try to give amare a max contract to take him away....

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
                    the warriors have the nicest uniforms/team colors in the nba, they need good players man.

i remember seeing the 06-07 playoffs, their arena got packed and everyone was wearing gold t-shirts, it was crazy.
                    Vomit Colors.

Tons of teams have better looking jerseys, but at the end of the day I guess its all opinionated.

Comment

Working...
                    X