No announcement yet.

Martinez on Pac/May: "There are negotiations and they're very advanced."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobby73 View Post
    I'd like to see Floyd take the fight @ 155 lbs, and try and claim a middleweight belt.

Can't see it happening tho.
    I think most would feel that its more impressive to beat Sergio at 154 for the Jr.MW title then it is to win at 155 for a MW title but who knows

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      I think most would feel that its more impressive to beat Sergio at 154 for the Jr.MW title then it is to win at 155 for a MW title but who knows
      Nah 155 for the middleweight ring title is a whole new weight class for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Nah 155 for the middleweight ring title is a whole new weight class for Floyd.
        IDK man. The higher the weight obviously makes a win over Sergio even that more impressive but I just see alot of people complaining big time if its just 1 pound higher then Jr.MW, yet its for the MW title. I think alot of people would argue that 1 pound is "not" a new weight class and that if its a catchweight then it shouldnt be for the MW title but who knows. I wouldnt mind at all though

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Only you say Cotto was damaged, yet hes now LMW champ. Cotto dont agree with you and neither does anyone else.

Floyd has fought damaged fighters and he dont seem to care about that. JMM was damaged by Pac, baldy was damaged 9 times before Floyd got him. SSM ass got taxed 5 times before FLoyd got him.

Hatton said he was the best hed ever been before he fought Pac.
          Wrong..............I agree with him. Cotto is and was shot at that point. Cotto beat yuri f'ing foreman for that title. He defended it against mayorga.

Enough said.

Comment

IDK man. The higher the weight obviously makes a win over Sergio even that more impressive but I just see alot of people complaining big time if its just 1 pound higher then Jr.MW, yet its for the MW title. I think alot of people would argue that 1 pound is "not" a new weight class and that if its a catchweight then it shouldnt be for the MW title but who knows. I wouldnt mind at all though
            I am not a fan of catchweights myself, but they've been around for a while & Martinez is the ring champ so it wouldn't be like he was fighting some chump. I would preffer there was no catchweight involved because Martinez probably wouldn't even weight in at 160 anyway. Plus if Floyd's team was really paying attention Martinez was not that much bigger than Ortiz on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I am not a fan of catchweights myself, but they've been around for a while & Martinez is the ring champ so it wouldn't be like he was fighting some chump. I would preffer there was no catchweight involved because Martinez probably wouldn't even weight in at 160 anyway. Plus if Floyd's team was really paying attention Martinez was not that much bigger than Ortiz on fight night.

They pay attention. Sergio v. floyd is coming. The left handed tune up was not for pac it was for sergio.

That fight will happen in the spring. Anyone trying to dissect this fight is a moron. It's 2 of the top 4 p4p fighters. Enjoy it. While I believe floyd is the one, if manny fights sergio first then he becomes the man in my opinion.

What excuses will be made by pac fans when floyd does fight sergio............it'll be game over for the haters

Comment

I truly believe were gonna have Martinez v may in march and PAC v Bradley in may. Two very good fights but it's not the fight us boxing fans wanna see

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                  I truly believe were gonna have Martinez v may in march and PAC v Bradley in may. Two very good fights but it's not the fight us boxing fans wanna see
                  IDK about that. Ill take May-Martinez all day, maybe even more than May-Pac but I know its not the super mainstream fight

Comment

IDK about that. Ill take May-Martinez all day, maybe even more than May-Pac but I know its not the super mainstream fight
                    I see were you are coming from but may v PAC must be first then they can do what they want.

May v martinez is a good fight I hope it's made at 160 not like Martinez ever comes in at 160 he's always 157/158 and on fight night he's about 164/165. If may wins that MW title at 160 huge props no1 can deny him that no hater no1! He should move up to P4P #1 if he does that. Plus that's another lineal title for him.

PAC v Bradley is a good fight aswell but whoever gets Martinez gets the bigger props.

Comment

Working...
                    X