Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very strange, but very compelling and most disturbingly, quite believable when thinking about news stories in the last few years about kidnappers keeping their victims imprisoned for decades.

Its basically the story of a children who have been raised never having any contact with the outside world at all. No tv, radio etc.
    Funny, very strange and extremely bizarre.

Comment

• Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford

To me this movie is a 10/10, serious.

To be fair though I could see a lot of people not liking it because it is very long (3 hours) and really slow at parts. Honestly, the first time I watched it I fell asleep, but the second time I watched I made myself stay awake and loved it.

It has everything an amazing cast, ****in awesome cinematography, and an equally great soundtrack.

The plot is about Jesse James (Brad Pitt) and his gang where it starts is the Blue Cut Train Robbery which is shot amazingly (video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTQYyamoydc ,embedding disabled). The movie then goes into more depth about the relationship between Robert Ford (Casey Affleck) and Jesse James. Initially Robert Ford, the youngest of 6 brothers some of which in the James gang, is obsessed with Jesse James and equally obsessed with joining in his gang. As movie the goes on the dynamic shifts to the obvious assassination of Jesse James and the ending sequence of the movie is one of my favorite parts of any movie ever.

My advice is at the least check out this movie, if you ever have 3 hours to spare and dont mind watching a slow movie it is worth the shot to see if you like it or not. You cant go wrong with the actors in it (Brad Pitt, Casey Affleck, Sam Rockwell, Jeremy Renner, and Sam Shepherd) and the breathtaking visuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        Assassination of Jesse James By the Coward Robert Ford

To me this movie is a 10/10, serious.

To be fair though I could see a lot of people not liking it because it is very long (3 hours) and really slow at parts. Honestly, the first time I watched it I fell asleep, but the second time I watched I made myself stay awake and loved it.

It has everything an amazing cast, ****in awesome cinematography, and an equally great soundtrack.

The plot is about Jesse James (Brad Pitt) and his gang where it starts is the Blue Cut Train Robbery which is shot amazingly (video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTQYyamoydc ,embedding disabled). The movie then goes into more depth about the relationship between Robert Ford (Casey Affleck) and Jesse James. Initially Robert Ford, the youngest of 6 brothers some of which in the James gang, is obsessed with Jesse James and equally obsessed with joining in his gang. As movie the goes on the dynamic shifts to the obvious assassination of Jesse James and the ending sequence of the movie is one of my favorite parts of any movie ever.

My advice is at the least check out this movie, if you ever have 3 hours to spare and dont mind watching a slow movie it is worth the shot to see if you like it or not. You cant go wrong with the actors in it (Brad Pitt, Casey Affleck, Sam Rockwell, Jeremy Renner, and Sam Shepherd) and the breathtaking visuals.
        Loved this movie. I thought Casey Affleck stole the show on this one, even though Brad Pitt really shows how good of an actor he is.

I loved the darkness and loneliness of the movie. Sam Rockwell is also one of those really underrated actors in Hollywood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Loved this movie. I thought Casey Affleck stole the show on this one, even though Brad Pitt really shows how good of an actor he is.

I loved the darkness and loneliness of the movie. Sam Rockwell is also one of those really underrated actors in Hollywood.
          I'll usually watch it randomly once every year and I'm always blown away by it.

Agreed with Affleck he stole the show definitely he nailed every scene he was in, especially the ending.

It's ashame it didn't get much Oscar recognition. I heard it was because the director and Brad Pitt were adamant about not editing it down from 3 hours so it would have been a hard movie to market, which is understandable. Also 2007 was one of the best years ever for movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            I'll usually watch it randomly once every year and I'm always blown away by it.

Agreed with Affleck he stole the show definitely he nailed every scene he was in, especially the ending.

It's ashame it didn't get much Oscar recognition. I heard it was because the director and Brad Pitt were adamant about not editing it down from 3 hours so it would have been a hard movie to market, which is understandable. Also 2007 was one of the best years ever for movies.
            I feel this way about "There will be blood" even though that got a ton of recognition. Great, great movie and Daniel Day Lewis is my favorite all time actor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
              Here you go again, trying to be a smart-ass by finding fault with my movie reviews. Can't you find a better way to make yourself feel superior?

I said the plot is original, and it is. I didn't say the idea of a post-apocalyptic earth is original.

If you don't understand the difference, you're an idiot.
              Ok, firstly, i dont understand why you're getting personal. I wasnt criticising your post, just sharing my opinion.
              Im just here to kill time. Dont be so ridiculously sensitive. I would have made the same comment whoever posted it.

Here is the review i watched:

At 4 and 7.15 he basically calls the ideas in the film unoriginal. If you disagree, thats fine.

I dont recall 'finding fault' with your reviews before. I guess its possible i disagreed with you on something but is that not acceptable for you?

You still have me on ignore all because i called your 'best poster' threads lame. You really shouldnt take things so seriously.

Comment

Here you go again, trying to be a smart-ass by finding fault with my movie reviews.
                Originally posted by Freedom.
                You gave me a hard time
                You said I didn't understand
                No really, who cares....

Comment

So that makes it the truth? Seems like that critic just didn't like it. You could say that about virtually any movie.

Intelligent people know the difference between ideas and plot.

Intelligent people think for themselves, fools follow the opinions of those they believe to be superior.

Intelligent people realize that critics are not infallible, and have noticed that the various critics will have varying opinions on movies.

Intelligent people realize that it's impossible to create a movie with 100% original ideas since so much has been done before, although it is still possible to come up with an original plot.

The plot in Oblivion was original.
                  Calm down. I merely offered an opinion. I dont get why you're making it into such a huge deal.

And thanks for the bad karma. Im not insecure about my intelligence, and dont try to make anyone feel stupid. How you came to that conclusion i dont know.

Originally posted by Freedom.
                  You have a poor memory.

You gave me a hard time for posting that although I liked The Seventh Seal and gave it a 9.5/10, I said it would be even better in HD and color.

You said I didn't understand it was about "the human condition, faith, death and our complexity". I was well aware of it but didn't mention in my post because I thought it goes without saying (and going into all that would be time-consuming). You couldn't understand why I thought his ideas would have even more impact if the films were in HD and color, and why I thought The Seventh Seal had brilliant cinematography which had me wishing it had been made with modern HD technology.
                  lol. Id completely forgotten and dont recall what exactly i said. I do remember thinking you didnt mention the themes i considered the heart of the film. And i didnt think colour would improve the film at all.
                  We disagreed...it happens!
                  Chill the **** out!
                  This is just a forum where sometimes people say dumb ****, and we disagree with each other. I dont think ive met a poster on these forums that can take such petty disagreements so personally.
                  Last edited by The Noose; 05-15-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Obviously The Noose does.
                    Uhm.... no?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      And thanks for the bad karma.
                      Really....? wow...

Comment

Working...
                      X