Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it about him that makes you even like Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    You're comparing Ward, still in his first division, to a 40 year old Floyd in his sixth?

Right. Someone's smart.

Floyd at 130, in his first division, was 26-0 with 20 KO's. As champion, he stopped 7 of his 10 championship opponents. A 70% KO ratio as champion.

Andre Ward still in his first division is 27-0 with 14 KO's. As champion, he has stopped only one opponent, yes that's one, of his championship reign. In fact, since stepping up and winning his first minor title and becoming a ranked contender he has stopped just two opponents in over six years. His KO ratio as champion and top contender is about 10%.

His entire career over only one division, including all the stiffs and nobodies he fought building up as a prospect at the start of his career is 50%. Floyds, as a six division champion over 20 years is still higher than that. At the same points in their careers, i.e. when Floyd was in his first division as champion at 26-0 (Ward is 27-0 in his first division still) with ten title fights, his KO % was 76.

76% KO ratio compared to 10% for Ward.

So what the **** are you talking about?

You've never watched or liked either guy. That much is obvious so stop pretending. You're more transparent than Tunney.

So you say used to like him because you thought it made you look cool and you just wanted to fit in, seem smarter than you obviously are and follow the crowd? Ok then. You're either a 13 year old high school kid or just a sad moron. Both seems likely.

Church!!!!

Comment

because of what he does in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by Double_m_g_ View Post
        This is an open letter to Mayweather fans. I just don't see where you get off liking this guy. I don't even know where to start. Let me start by saying this. The guy is not even normal, I mean the guy is a freak athlete. Therefor you should be rooting against him by default. Every chromosome in this guy's DNA lines up perfectly. You can tell by his perfectly round head. His perfect answers in interviews. His perfectly crisp shots. You can tell by the way he plays basketball even.

You should be rooting for the common folk. 99% of the men in the world can never do what he this guy can do. I just don't get it not to mention his personality is as dry as a board. Without his undefeated shtick what would he even talk about? His money? Give me a F' break. You know that **** gets annoying, don't even lie.

I remember I was at a Floyd fight at a sports bar and some brothers who where behind Floyd eventually just started rooting against him. It seems like even Floyd fans are conflicted.

By the way I scored the fight 7-5 Floyd against Pacquaio but rewatched it with no sound and got 7-5 Pacquaio.
        The clowns that like him like to talk about his money I find it funny cause Floyd isn't giving not one cent to these broke a$$ people here. Than I think they don't want to be wrong on predicting a fight so they brag Floyd is going to win to make themselves look like they know the sport of boxing better than the average Joe. The also never admit that Floyd has been beaten by Castillo and Madaina they like to turn to Compu Box for Floyd beating Pacquaio but seem to ignore how Castillo slaughtered Floyd in all Compu Box numbers like Punches landed, punches thrown power shots landed, jabs landed yet they still think he won

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          The clowns that like him like to talk about his money I find it funny cause Floyd isn't giving not one cent to these broke a$$ people here. Than I think they don't want to be wrong on predicting a fight so they brag Floyd is going to win to make themselves look like they know the sport of boxing better than the average Joe. The also never admit that Floyd has been beaten by Castillo and Madaina they like to turn to Compu Box for Floyd beating Pacquaio but seem to ignore how Castillo slaughtered Floyd in all Compu Box numbers like Punches landed, punches thrown power shots landed, jabs landed yet they still think he won
          I like watching Floyd fight. He's very good at it.

I don't give a **** about his money and have never mentioned it. Makes no difference to me, you or anyone else here.

People say he's going to win because he's never lost and doesn't really look like ever losing. He's just better than the guys he fights, thus people pick him to win. That's not anyone trying to look smart, that's just the most basic common sense. A child has that level of intelligence. Maybe you don't, I don't know.

It's a bit like saying "You just picked Pacquiao to beat Algieri to look smart and like you know boxing better than everyone else. What a wanker".

Yeaahhhh...

I'm happy to admit that Castillo has a very good argument for winning. Maybe not so much Maidana, but that's just me. Very close, but I had him just losing.

Well, Castillo has a very good case for winning in what was a very close fight. Pacquiao doesn't and lost clearly. Not difficult to understand.

Comment

I hate how he conducts himself in public and love how he goes about his business in the ring. He's simply great in the squared circle.

As for the Castillo fight, I had it a draw. But it was the only fight I camr away saying Floyd was not the better fighter. I only had it a draw based on a 10 point must scoring round for round basis. I felt he won 6 rounds. But Castillo controlled the action late in the fight and gave Floyd a lesson.

But Floyd re matched him and won pretty easily imo.

Maidana didn't win either of those fights

Comment

I'm a boxing fan.
              All I care about is the boxing side of it!
              Not his personality and not his lifestyle.
              It's about what happens in that ring and he's been truly amazing. His career has been so so good. I have so much respect for the way he trains and his commitment to his boxing.

ATG. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                I like watching Floyd fight. He's very good at it.

I don't give a **** about his money and have never mentioned it. Makes no difference to me, you or anyone else here.

People say he's going to win because he's never lost and doesn't really look like ever losing. He's just better than the guys he fights, thus people pick him to win. That's not anyone trying to look smart, that's just the most basic common sense. A child has that level of intelligence. Maybe you don't, I don't know.

It's a bit like saying "You just picked Pacquiao to beat Algieri to look smart and like you know boxing better than everyone else. What a wanker".

Yeaahhhh...

I'm happy to admit that Castillo has a very good argument for winning. Maybe not so much Maidana, but that's just me. Very close, but I had him just losing.

Well, Castillo has a very good case for winning in what was a very close fight. Pacquiao doesn't and lost clearly. Not difficult to understand.

Then you must not read the blogs theres hundreds here who brag of his money yet their only source of income is an EBT card

Comment

1. He has dedicated his entire life to the sport I love.

2. He has the whole boxing game figured out. From the neck up, he has no peers.

3. On a technical level, he has no flaws. Whats even more impressive is that he developped it all despite already having all the natural talent needed, a la Roy Jones.

4. He has a very unique style, Ive never seen it before. Not sure Ill see it again. His style is is pleasing to me.

5. He isnt a big weight cutter trying to fight guys naturally smaller then him.

6. He is a top tier all time great.

Comment

I don't like him as a person, but I do appreciate his genius in the ring

Comment

I just like his boxing ability couldn't give a damn about his private jet and cars and stuff would rather watch him chop wood. Especially his old fights i never get bored of him vs gatti

Comment

Working...
                      X