No announcement yet.

James Degale can only fight at a pace for 6 Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Degale can only fight at a pace for 6 Rounds

Has anyone noticed what I believe are stamina issues? I think he will lose again sooner rather than later.

He went 12 rounds with the same pace and of course he will lose eventally....but let me guess when he finally does he would be consider exposed right?

Comment

Well, 168 is crap so it seems like he can afford to.

Comment

I don't know if it's stamina issues or he just switches off in there when he doesn't feel a threat from his opponent.

Curse of the gifted.

Comment

I like The Chunky One but his stamina concerns me.

Comment

I think he has stamina issues. Poor fitness overall.

He was working Bute over on the inside, and had he kept the fight in the center of the ring he would have won by a wider margin. Instead, especially in the 2nd half of the fight, he goes on bicycle starts trying to jab from the outside for some reason and allows Bute a chance to recover and tag him.

He's excellent on the inside, I'm just not sure he's physically capable of fighting on the inside for 12 rounds.

Comment

He has a ton of talent but he just kind of has lapses. I wouldn't even call it stamina, more like a lack of focus. Sure as you get tired focus wains but it was not like he could not throw good shots because he was throwing good shots all 12.

Also he backed to the corner and ropes a lot, that is just poor focus. He displayed nice defense but if he didn't move himself into those spots Bute would not have been able to open up to even give the impressions of success.

He can get away with a lot though because he has the talent but that is a worrying sign.

Comment

i think these issues will be solved when he drops to 160 for the ggg fight

Comment

Well the 168lb division is kind of weak right now, but there are still opponents that would test him such as Badou Jack, Arthur Abraham, George Groves, Anthony Dirrell, etc.

Abraham vs DeGale would be a great fight. He said he wanted the winner of Murrary/Abraham.

Comment

Well I can't criticize him on this one. He was taking some brutal body shots it's to be expected. He would literally get frozen in place at times and glue his arm down. He has an amazing poker face. Bute has real power behind the left I don't think there was more Degale could do. Bute didn't look bad. You can only throw so much in a row before a good counter puncher catches you in between so many punches. Bute was catching a lot of the punches on the glove so Degale can't just keep throwing before it's ineffective as he was in the pocket timing blocks pretty well and landing that sneaky counter left to the body. We can't hate on Degale for not doing more. Lesser fighters wouldn't have taken some of those body shots as well as him. It was a rough fight.

To be honest I'm not sure many would have beaten Bute last night
                    Last edited by NearHypnos; 11-29-2015, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X