No announcement yet.

Vasyl Lomachenko Vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vasyl Lomachenko Vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa

Gomboa recently replied to a challenge by Loma on Instagram, suggesting a possible match up in the future. If the Rigo fight can't be made, and Walters is no longer an option, then this is definitely the next best biggest challenge for Loma.

Gomboa will have the size advantage (same as Walters would have, oddly enough who Loma has ruled out) but Vasyl will have the speed, footwork, and superior skills to outpoint the Cuban.

Good fight, It will do good for Gamboa to come down, sure he can get as high as heavyweight with the juice he's on, but he's not bigger than Loma really, just ease off the good stuff a bit and come down to a more appropriate weight for his size.

Comment

I like the idea of this fight, but can Gamboa get down to 126lbs anymore? He's not fought there for years & looks thicker than a Puerto Rican stripper.

Comment

i wouldnt say theres much of a size advantage.....
        they basically have the same height/reach... except gamboa clearly gained too much muscle.. but given boxing is a weight-divided sport, there wont be much weight advantages if the fight is made lol..

Comment

Don't get my hopes up!!!

Comment

I doubt Gumby can make featherweight.

Comment

Great fight but it would have to be at 130, Gamboa confirmed this. Shouldn't be an issue since there isn't much for Loma at 126 with TR atm.

I disagree that Loma has speed over Gamboa.

Comment

Faster than Gamboa? I don't think so. Gamboa is very fast. I think Loma would win. Gamboa doesn't fight much at all and I think he is going downhill for some reason. Gamboa is still very good so it's a close fight. Loma by close ud.

Comment

Gary Russel Jr's handspeed meant nothing against Loma's technical proficiency. I don't think Gamboa's athleticism would bail him out of a schooling.

Comment

Gamboa better end it quick with a knockout. The longer the fight goes the more i favor Vasyl due to the fact that Gamboa has stamina issues and gets wreck less as a fight progresses.

Comment

Working...
                    X