No announcement yet.

A part of all of us as boxing fans should push for Canelo and Broner to do well

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Honestly what charisma/personality do those 2 have?
    LOL just what I was thinkin, Broner can't string and sentence together and is ghetto trash where as Canelo is as boring as a dead trout.

But I do want Canelo to do well, he seems like an ok guy and is definitely talented enough but like I said for years, being pushed into a Floyd fight so quick was not good for him, especially at a CW.

Broner on the other hand can go back to what ever slum he crawled out of.

Comment

wait, so you want to pay more money to see boxing? wtf? Most of the best fights aren't even on ppv.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine
        Quote:

Originally Posted by brick wall

push them to do well? how are you gonna do that? keep feeding them with tomato cans?

gtfo with your fanboy mentality...if they can't be top fighters in the ring then who cares about potential popularity?

Your comprehension is lacking. I'm not saying protect them. Broner is trying to rematch Maidana immediately after an ass whipping and Canelo is fighting Angulo after Mayweather...hardly tomato cans so we are good there.

My point is that we should WANT the sport to have at least a couple major PPV stars because it helps the sport as a whole. If you got better heirs than Broner and Canelo, please state them...meaning state fighters who draw more viewers than these two guys (except May and Pac) because that's all that matters for the sake of this discussion.
        How did the sport blossom in the 1900s without ppv?

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ
          Why? When Boxing is backed into a corner it always produces new stars. Sometimes out of no where. Sometimes out of mismatches. That's just how it works.
          Manny Pacquiao is a perfect example. Before he fought Barrera, he was unknown to most.

Comment

Originally posted by Freelancer View Post
            By keeping boxing relevant. No one is born a hardcore boxing fan, they all need a gateway and they can get that through a well marketed fight.
            Yeah, but how does that help us, i.e. the fans that already exist?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Yeah, but how does that help us, i.e. the fans that already exist?
              Well I'd like to go all butterfly effect here and say that a popular boxer helps a skilled opponent with less popularity, and that translates into more quality fights in the future for the one that proved his worth in the ring, fights that you and I get to watch. And that goes for all the up and coming professionals. The more popular the sport itself is, the higher the expectations some of them will have, the better they train and perform in the ring.

But I'd be seriously stretching it, so I'll have to go for no idea. I don't see any sort of immediate win for the existing fans.

Comment

I don't see how any sane boxing fan would be supporting ppv "stars". I get the point having stars helps the sport but ppv helps no one but the parties involved. With all the money going to a select group we as fans the quality and quantity of regular broadcast goes down. It also enables said fighters to fight less frequently because their getting huge paydays.

Yes we should root to have more mainstream stars in order for our sport to gain popularity but making their fights exclusive is not the way to go.

Comment

Did somebody just try to make an argument based on boxing in the 1900s?

Wow!

Stupidity is rampant in this thread. Folks too caught up on the PPV concept and their own brokeness to see the big picture.

No other way to explain it better than I already have. But just know, having major stars in the sport helps the sport as a whole...which helps us as fans. This is fact. Too many of y'all are letting your emotions towards Broner and/or Canelo blind you to this very basic point. Substitute any name there you want (as long as they have star power) and my point still stands. Broner and Canelo have just been the lead horses in this race as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
                    Did somebody just try to make an argument based on boxing in the 1900s?

Wow!

Stupidity is rampant in this thread. Folks too caught up on the PPV concept and their own brokeness to see the big picture.

No other way to explain it better than I already have. But just know, having major stars in the sport helps the sport as a whole...which helps us as fans. This is fact. Too many of y'all are letting your emotions towards Broner and/or Canelo blind you to this very basic point. Substitute any name there you want (as long as they have star power) and my point still stands. Broner and Canelo have just been the lead horses in this race as of late.
                    Having stars is very important...but those stars need to fight the other stars. If they dont, the sport suffers.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                      Having stars is very important...but those stars need to fight the other stars. If they dont, the sport suffers.
                      I agree 100%. No where in this thread did I say we should push for these guys to be protected. I'm simply saying we should want there to be commercially viable, super star potential fighters LIKE Broner and Canelo. Again, whether you like these 2 or not, they are drawing the biggest numbers outside of May and Pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X