No announcement yet.

How high do you rank Miguel Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
    Cotto was and maybe is a great fighter who have something that most champs haven't..the willingness to fight everybody...
    This ^^^ /end thread

Comment

Cotto is one of the guys why I have watched boxing for the best part of the last 10 years. He is a warrior, a true great of his era. And a credit to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
        Cotto was and maybe is a great fighter who have something that most champs haven't..the willingness to fight everybody...
        very well said

Comment

Cotto isn't an ATG nor a 1st ballot HOFer.... however he has been one of the best of this generation at 147

Comment

Not an ATG at all. Shouldn't be a HOFer but since the standards for admission are so low he easily makes it in.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              And how did marquez's performances against the elites turn out.

Vs pac- 0-2-1, arguably and imo 1-1-1

Vs mayweather- was purely outclassed and dominated

You tell me...

Edit: Im not denying marquez being a great fighter, just throwing a mexican nationalistic's logic back at them.
              You're also seemingly equating Cotto to Marquez, which is a little silly.

Comment

Great fighter, who's just below the elite guys. He's at the very top of the B level tier, but not on the A level like Pacquiao, Marquez, or Mayweather.

Comment

LMAO @ willingness to fight everybody. That MYTH has been debunked. That's like calling your Chrystler a Rolls Royce.

A guy who so called fights everyone doesn't have the biggest amount of tune up at the elite level. He's a good fighter but his fan boys(of what's left) seriously make him into something he's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    He got the nod in a close fight, you can't call it a robbery.

I'd say he's more than B+, he's a 3 division champ who was competitive against Floyd. And unlike Zab who blew his load early and gassed out down the stretch, Cotto was competitive throughout the fight.

He's not good when things don't go his way? Did you watch the Torres fight? Did you watch the Corley fight? He was badly hurt in both fights and came back from the brink of defeat.
                    The word "CHAMP" get's thrown a lot here, I feel it should only be used for lineal champions. You can refer to Cotto as a competitive titleholder in 3 divisions, but not a champion in three. If we only had one belt, like back in the day, then Cotto would be considered for what he is, a decent fighter who became a top 10 contender in the three divisions where he campaigned. The idea that Cotto is "3 division champ" sounds as though he dominated three divisions, which is not the case. Title belts don't mean much these days, but people seem to forget that for some reason.
                    Last edited by BafanaBafana; 12-07-2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                      very good fighter. good skills, decent power, average chin, poor stamina and a bit lazy if you ask me. he should still be fighting at 147, but i guess he likes his mams cooking too much. not a HOF fighter imo.
                      Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                      Cotto isn't an ATG nor a 1st ballot HOFer.... however he has been one of the best of this generation at 147
                      Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                      Not an ATG at all. Shouldn't be a HOFer but since the standards for admission are so low he easily makes it in.

So Arturo Gatti is HOF material but Cotto isn't?

Comment

Working...
                      X