Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you guys like Avatar?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seen it with Imax 3d and it was a good(not great) movie. I have it on my dvr(hd version) and plan to watch it again without the 3d novelty.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      I seen it with Imax 3d and it was a good(not great) movie. I have it on my dvr(hd version) and plan to watch it again without the 3d novelty.
      My overwhelming feeling on leaving he 3D version was that I enjoyed it and I was glad I watched it but that there was insufficient substance for me to ever bother watching it again.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
        So it finally came out on cable this weekend and I watched it yesterday.

I gotta admit, I went in with pretty low expectations but by the end of it I totally "got it".

Nothing original about the storyline and of course the parallels they're drawing are obvious, but the presentation, the scope and the visuals were a triumph of the imagination.

I thought it would be a superficial glossy film with no substance, but its actually got substance and a classical storyline. The sequels are gonna be great.

Cameron has his own star wars with this thing.
        Watched a few minutes of it then changed the channel. Not my cup of tea, the whole idea seemed corny.

Comment

was hbo running an avatar marathon the past couple days?

it seemed like everytime i flipped the channel to hbo, avatar was on.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
            Watched a few minutes of it then changed the channel. Not my cup of tea, the whole idea seemed corny.
            It was totally campy at first, but I gave it a chance and it got better.

Comment

It was ok, to long if you ask me !

Comment

I think I'm just biased against this movie. When it first came out I guess I kinda resented the hype around it because the trailer didn't seem all that but people were going on and on about how great it was. I didn't bother to see it in theaters so the 3D experience is something I missed out on.

It came on HBO the other night so I had it on while I was on the computer and doing other shit. I was only half-listening and watched a few minutes every now and then. Really, the story seemed weak as hell even though I admit I wasn't paying attention. To me, the film looks like a videogame... a videogame you can't play (and I don't play videogames).

Stating the obvious here, but I'd rather watch Terminator 1 & 2 back to back or watch Aliens twice than have to watch Avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Libido Sanchez View Post
                  I think I'm just biased against this movie. When it first came out I guess I kinda resented the hype around it because the trailer didn't seem all that but people were going on and on about how great it was.
                  It's funny because this has been turned on it's head since and replaced with a prevalent anti-Avatar sentiment by the trendies and aspiring trendies. I think how much you take out of a film experience is quite dependent on your state of mind going into it, and I think a lot of people approach Avatar with their mind already set on hating it.

It's no extraordinary feat of cinema (except in terms of CGI) but if you can appreciate big showy blockbusters for what they are, then Avatar should hit the spot. You did miss out by not catching the 3D showings, though.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    My overwhelming feeling on leaving he 3D version was that I enjoyed it and I was glad I watched it but that there was insufficient substance for me to ever bother watching it again.
                    Basically the same way I felt. Great movie experience with the 3D but it wasn't a great movie in terms of story or something that I would bother seeing over and over again.

The visuals were amazing though, I watched it on 3D Imax which made it even better.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                      It's funny because this has been turned on it's head since and replaced with a prevalent anti-Avatar sentiment by the trendies and aspiring trendies. I think how much you take out of a film experience is quite dependent on your state of mind going into it, and I think a lot of people approach Avatar with their mind already set on hating it.

It's no extraordinary feat of cinema (except in terms of CGI) but if you can appreciate big showy blockbusters for what they are, then Avatar should hit the spot. You did miss out by not catching the 3D showings, though.
                      I disagree, I think that was the best part of the movie. It's on HBO right now and I have a 47" HD tv and it's just not the same. The 3D experience is what made it enjoyable for me, or at least worth watching.

Comment

Working...
                      X