Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worse? Floyd retiring to not fight WWs in their prime/ Manny and his superstitions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
    Mosley was the ring #1 when Pacquiao fought Cotto.
    The ring owned by who? GBP

Mosely beat who? Margarito who was also found to have something illegal

A mexican fighter with a style whom Mosely loves to fight and was ready made for him

Oh wait, Mosely P4P 1 with a lay off since Jan 2009

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT86 View Post
      Who did PBF really duck? Floyd ducking a p4p opponent is just a myth of *******s. Hatton, DLH, Judah, Gatti,..........all top contenders or HOFers. Haters should finally appreciate that PBF came out of retirement to give us some more of his exciting bouts. btw, PBF/SSM will be da bomb!
      Then why diddn't he fight Cotto,Margarito,Mosley,Berto,Quintana or any other elite WW prior to vacationing?

Ducking a p4p opponent has never been a knock on Floyd....ducking the elite WWs has. Like I saw in another thread.....
      "If you don't have Mosley,Cotto,Margarito,Berto,Clottey,Pacquiao,Coll azo,Quintana on your welterweight resume...then you not a welterweight."

Exciting bouts? You know that Floyd was actually trapped in a corner and HAD to make the Mosley fight right? It really took an act of GOD to make him fight a elite (though not prime anymore) fighter in Mosley. Floyd was gonna look REAL bad when Pac chose to fight Clottey.....and who were the fighters that Floyd was suppose to take on?

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
        So why didn't the ring magazine (Owned by GBP) not label him as such? Don't you think it would be advantageous for them to do so, esp since Shane was their fighter? Truth be told it was a traingle of victory/losses and their was clear #1 at WW during that time. It came down to shane or cotto, and since Cotto beat Shane....the choice was easy.
        Are you seriously bringing up Ring Magazine into this discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
          Roach was't too sure if Pac would be able to take on a WW (pre-Cotto), so he fought Hatton. And please don't say Floyd ruined Hatton.....it was Hatton's 1st loss....Hatton was still the RING champ at 140lbs.....

It would be like saying...Hatton was a chump all along so Floyd's win against him don't mean anything either.
          one of hatton's most impressive victories was malignaggi, so i think that proves floyd didnt ruin him. and cotto/mosley are very close in terms of who was tougher competition, big difference cotto is top rank, mosley is golden boy. and hatton brings way more money to the table then mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
            The ring owned by who? GBP

Mosely beat who? Margarito who was also found to have something illegal

A mexican fighter with a style whom Mosely loves to fight and was ready made for him

Oh wait, Mosely P4P 1 with a lay off since Jan 2009
            WW rankings on almost every site had Mosley ahead of Cotto. YOU FAIL

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
              Was Diaz the best at 135?
              No. He was top 3 though and considering that Diaz vs Pac was agreed upon even before Diaz vs Campbell...then its really a mood point. Pac vs Diaz was set in stone whether Pac beat or lost to Marquez, which is why diaz was on the undercard of MP vs JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by INVINCEABLE View Post
                Are you seriously bringing up Ring Magazine into this discussion?
                Yes I am. Shane is apart of this company and even they are co-signing what Im saying. They mentioned in a nutshell that since Cotto beat Mosley, That mosley wasn't the clear cut guy at WW even though he beat Tony.

Why is it that Shane's on company agrees with me?

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT86 View Post
                  Who did PBF really duck? Floyd ducking a p4p opponent is just a myth of *******s. Hatton, DLH, Judah, Gatti,..........all top contenders or HOFers. Haters should finally appreciate that PBF came out of retirement to give us some more of his exciting bouts. btw, PBF/SSM will be da bomb!
                  this guy just called Gatti a top contender lmao

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
                    Yes I am. Shane is apart of this company and even they are co-signing what Im saying. They mentioned in a nutshell that since Cotto beat Mosley, That mosley wasn't the clear cut guy at WW even though he beat Tony.

Why is it that Shane's on company agrees with me?
                    Was that one writers opinion? Probably.......

Comment

Both are dumb as ****. If I have to pick one. I would say that if Floyd didn't have the hunger for the sport then I don't mind him retiring. And, I don't believe in the superstion crap. But, just cuz I don't believe in it and I think is silly he might so who am I to judge him for that.

But, I would vote Pac just cuz like I said if you don't have the hunger or the love for the sport any longer than retire. And, Floyd did so that is fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                      X