No announcement yet.

Maidana deserves a Floyd payday!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Syf View Post
    It would be a departure from form. Floyd fights champions or guys coming off of impressive wins. If he fights Khan, it will be the first time in a while he hasn't done that.

canelo- trout win
    ghost- berto and aydin
    cotto- margarito rematch
    Ortiz- berto
    mosley- margarito

Khan???? What has he done lately? What is he coming off of? A ko loss? Gimme a break
    I agree as far as merits go, even though Khan beat him, I believe Maidana merits the fight more than Khan. Come to think, I have changed my stance a bit. I still think Khan fight would be more competitive and all things equal Id rather see that. However, now I kinda feel like guys should be rewarded for taking tough fights and hopefully it should encourage other fighters to do similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      It would be a departure from form. Floyd fights champions or guys coming off of impressive wins.
      Yeah but it's not about what Floyd does or Floyd wants, it's about who the fans want to see him fight (or at least it should be).

When people talk about the next FMJ opponent, for some reason they talk about who deserves the payday rather than who they want to see him fight.

Comment

For selfish reasons I want Maidana to get the fight; Khan knows if he doesn't Floyd fight now he will have to wait another year for the shot; with Ramadan being in summer thats 30 days also adding Eid that he wouldn't be able to train for a Sept fight.
        Last edited by dc3383; 12-21-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
          For selfish reasons I want Maidana to get the fight; Khan knows if he doesn't Floyd fight now he will have to wait another year for the shot; with Ramadan being in summer thats 30 days inclunding Eid that he wouldn't be able to train for a Sept fight.
          Plus he'll earn a lot more money getting beat up by Floyd then he would fighting anyone else.

Comment

Of course Maidana deserves it. He lives in a duplex when in the U.S. and has a guy bring him lunch in a tupperware bowl and he cooks it on a paper plate. He trained his ass off and destroyed Broner

But there no way Floyd will fight Maidana. Just looking at all those memes and gifs gave him nightmares trust me

Comment

I wonder how much he got paid against Broner. It was probably like 200K or something pathetic like that. He deserves a 2M pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                I wonder how much he got paid against Broner. It was probably like 200K or something pathetic like that. He deserves a 2M pay day.
                he's with al haymon so probably more than that. his highest payday was 500K against khan, as far as i know.

Comment

Working...
                X