No announcement yet.

Paulie Malignaggi would have had no chance of beating prime Shane Mosley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SOPH~ REP. View Post
    Prime Shane Mosley was A/B+ Class Fighter , Old Shane Mosley is B/C+ Fighter which is still better than Paulie Malignaggi
    Lately, old Shane Mosley has looked more like a D- fighter.

I used to be a pretty vocal supporter of his, but I found it harder and harder to support him as he milked his name for all it was worth post-Mayweather.

Coming out of retirement to fight Malignaggi is just the latest in a string of events that has left a sour taste in my mouth as a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Lately, old Shane Mosley has looked more like a D- fighter.

I used to be a pretty vocal supporter of his, but I found it harder and harder to support him as he milked his name for all it was worth post-Mayweather.

Coming out of retirement to fight Malignaggi is just the latest in a string of events that has left a sour taste in my mouth as a fan.
      I understand where you're coming from. I used to like Shane a lot, but I tired very quickly of watching him get big-money dates against guys like Mayweather and Pacquiao. (He had seen his best days pre-Floyd.) Regardless, the dislike is misdirected. Mosley has every right to pursue the best livelihood possible. It's the opponents and their promoters (where applicable) that should be blamed. Shane is just trying to do what we all would: get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
        possibly true (Paulie did say he expected a real fight from Cano, though, tbf). so you agree that all this 'picking on' stuff that the threadstarter is bemoaning is very much embedded in the matchmaking culture of boxing in general? thanks, that was my point in this thread from the beginning.
        Did he expect to get his ass beat tho?

Paulie did not lose 8-9 rounds. if you're not just trolling, you didn't watch the fight.

what happened to Senchenko was far worse than arguably losing a close, rough fight. Senchenko was on the end of a genuine one-sided asswhooping, a near shutout and a stoppage loss to a featherfist.
        Yes he did lose 8 rounds, i was there live watching the fight and Paulie got boo'd by his own town after the decision.

Asswhooping? It was just a jab fest that damaged his eye, there was no ass whooping, and paulie not a featherweight and never was, he couldnt even make 140 anymore

what does that even mean? you seem to be keen on prolonging the exchange, but i have to wonder when you'll start chipping in with something relevant.
        It means he's not a featherweight and never was so stop calling him one

beating a guy's ass and arguably winning a close fight aren't the same thing. to say that both men had success with their jabs is more truthful than saying one guy outboxed the other.

Cano was a dangerous opponent, and i perceived that. soooo you were wrong.
        Well cano beat his ass and it wasnt even a close fight, which you didnt perceive, sooooo you were wrong bruh

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          I understand where you're coming from. I used to like Shane a lot, but I tired very quickly of watching him get big-money dates against guys like Mayweather and Pacquiao. (He had seen his best days pre-Floyd.) Regardless, the dislike is misdirected. Mosley has every right to pursue the best livelihood possible. It's the opponents and their promoters (where applicable) that should be blamed. Shane is just trying to do what we all would: get paid.
          That's a rather reasonable assessment of things as they were.

Perhaps I'm being too hard on the old niceguy for pursuing the avenues which lead to the most financial success, but still, this Malignaggi match?

He must need the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Did he expect to get his ass beat tho?
            what fighter goes in with that mentality?

Yes he did lose 8 rounds, i was there live watching the fight and Paulie got boo'd by his own town after the decision.
            you watching live at the fight and Paulie being booed after the decision doesn't mean he lost 8 rounds. it means you had one view of the action (i was 5 rows back at Brook-Jones and thought Jones won the fight, later revising my score when i saw the video) and that many in the crowd felt Cano should have gotten more for his effort.

Paulie was booed before the opening bell. that was audible on the telecast.

Asswhooping? It was just a jab fest that damaged his eye, there was no ass whooping, and paulie not a featherweight and never was, he couldnt even make 140 anymore
            Slava was beaten to a pulp and stopped for his own safety. one-sided asswhooping.

who in this thread ever said that Paulie was a 126lb fighter? where? are you hallucinating?

It means he's not a featherweight and never was so stop calling him one
            nobody in this thread has called Paulie a featherweight. lay off the acid.

Well cano beat his ass and it wasnt even a close fight, which you didnt perceive, sooooo you were wrong bruh
            it was a close fight and Cano took his licks and share of damage, which you didnt perceive, sooooo you were wrong bruh
            Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-15-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Russian Crushin thinks the term 'featherfist' refers to a weightclass.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                what fighter goes in with that mentality?

you watching live at the fight and Paulie being booed after the decision doesn't mean he lost 8 rounds. it means you had one view of the action (i was 5 rows back at Brook-Jones and thought Jones won the fight, later revising my score when i saw the video) and that many in the crowd felt Cano should have gotten more for his effort.

Paulie was booed before the opening bell. that was audible on the telecast.
                based on you watching and scoring that fight wrong, learn how to score fights. Cano beat him up with power shots all night and then knocked him down and clearly won. Paulie probably saw it coming seeing as he dropped from defending his title.

ANd no he wasnt boo'd when he entered, he was cheered very loudly, go back and rewatch your telecast.

Slava was beaten to a pulp and stopped for his own safety. one-sided asswhooping.
                He was hit with only jabs that damaged his eye, there was no ass whooping and he certainly wasnt beaten to a "pulp"

nobody in this thread has called Paulie a featherweight. lay off the acid.
                I misread the word

it was a close fight and Cano took his licks and share of damage, which you didnt perceive, sooooo you were wrong bruh
                No it wasnt a close fight, Cano beat his ass all night with a KD for a clear win, sorry bruh

Comment

War paulie shane should of stayed retired

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    That's a rather reasonable assessment of things as they were.

Perhaps I'm being too hard on the old niceguy for pursuing the avenues which lead to the most financial success, but still, this Malignaggi match?

He must need the money.
                    Given what we know about his personal life, probably. But there's also that factor that "Sugar" Ray Leonard and other past champs have talked about: the allure of the lights. Very few men truly know what that feels like, but it's gotta be damned addictive.

Comment

I wonder if Paulie who's an anti cheater crusader calls out Mosley on cheating or instead praise him.

Comment

Working...
                      X