Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jermain Taylor likely to return Dec 30th on ShoBox.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
    For a good reason too. He had all those gift decisions it was like impossible to beat him by decision. He's only lost by KO right? SO I guess it still stands. Only way to beat JT is by KO!!
    Pavlik beat him by decision!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
      "I had him winning by ONE ROUND! OBVIOUS ROBBERY!"

Jesus, shut up already.
      ? Who had him winning by 1 round? and what fight?

Comment

taylor vs dirrel....make it happen...

Comment

Ward beats Froch. Bute refuses to fight anywhere but Montreal. Ward moves up to 175 to fight for a belt. Bute fights Taylor.

You heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
            Yes 115-113. No way. It's an arguable perspective IF I gave winky spin rounds, which I did not. The 7 rounds winky won were CLEAR rounds, whilst the 5 he lost, 4 of them were clear and there is a seriously questionable one (the 12th, which Many gave JT because Winky used his bike.. but peopel fail to realize WINKY was the only person who landed punches in that round.. JT was only given it because Wink backed up)

So yeah, i don't think there is anyway JT won when 7 rounds were CLEARLY to Winky and depending on how you look at teh 12th (which I give JT now to be generous) it would be 8-4.

So pretty much, there is no way, absolutely no way anyone could NOT give winky the 7 rounds I feel as though he won. They were dominant rounds where he kept jermaine in the corner and ruined him, even stunning him several occasions.

People called the fight close for the body hooks taylor would throw at wrights elbows and arms and I personally don't score blocked punches. If i did, I'd have Alexander pitching a shut out against Kotelnik when really i thought ti was the other way around. I had kotelnik 9-3 and it wasn't even close. To each their own though

Total Punches

Ronald "Winky" Wright 226/642
            Jermain "Bad Intentions" Taylor 163/703
            I understand where you're coming from, even though I disagree with you and thought Taylor won the fight. Some fights are clearcut even though it's technically close. I strongly feel that way about Malignaggi-Diaz I. That was 7-5 Paulie.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
              I understand where you're coming from, even though I disagree with you and thought Taylor won the fight. Some fights are clearcut even though it's technically close. I strongly feel that way about Malignaggi-Diaz I. That was 7-5 Paulie.
              Paulie-Diaz is a GREAT example.

Comment

Just to play devil's advocate about Taylor's comeback; some people are going to be against it regardless, but it looks like he's got it in his head to return and the commissions aren't going to stop him, so with that said, it LOOKS like he's going about his comeback the right way.

He plans to fight as a MW and is walking around near 160. Here's what seems to be a recent shot of him (from his twitter account):

I don't think I've seen him in that kind of shape since his days as MW champ - it almost looks like he could make 154 lbs (not that I think it would be safe).

It's well known that he usually ballooned up to around 200 lbs between fights, and that each one of his losses were 99% attributable to lack of conditioning.

So whether or not everyone agrees with his decision to fight again, I don't think anyone can argue the point that at the very least he seems to be making a genuine effort to learn from and correct his mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                X