No announcement yet.

Weakest Heavywieght Title Defences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weakest Heavywieght Title Defences

In the last 20 years, who would have had the most lame defences for a heavywieght title riegn? My pick would be Ridick Bowe. After winning the title from Holyfield he fought totaly washed up Michael Dokes, he then followed this up with washed up Jesse Furguson. That is very weak indeed. Then he rematches Holyfield again and looses. 2 succesful defences against old Dokes and old Ferguson is nothing.
    Later brother brologs.

Originally posted by tonytucker
    In the last 20 years, who would have had the most lame defences for a heavywieght title riegn? My pick would be Ridick Bowe. After winning the title from Holyfield he fought totaly washed up Michael Dokes, he then followed this up with washed up Jesse Furguson. That is very weak indeed. Then he rematches Holyfield again and looses. 2 succesful defences against old Dokes and old Ferguson is nothing.
    Later brother brologs.

They were disgusting title defenses and in retrospect it makes me sick to think that we were cheated out of Lennox Lewis vs. Ridick Bowe because Bowe wanted to fight guys like the boogie man and Dokes.

Too bad bcause LL was still growing as a fighter in a lot of different ways...had Bowe had jumped on the 220 pound version of Lewis he would have had a very good chance...but prime for prime you have to go with the big brit.

Comment

Watch Vitali's career, and you'll get your answers

Comment

Jesse Furguson

I know Ferguson had beaten Mercer, so that was how he got the shot, but he only beat Mercer because Mercer thought all he had to do was turn up on the night and get an easy win so he was not in proper shape to fight. That was the fight when Ferguson claimed that Mercer told him to take a dive or something. Vitaly fighting Mc Bride after Williams would be really pathetic I must admit.
        Later brother brologs. P.S Poor old Ferguson bet some money on himself to win or something like that , guess he lost some money on that one.

Comment

Working...
        X