Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, I know Khan look great, but take it easy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter how I looked at the fight I could only see one winner Khan by late round stoppage or points. Malignaggi just did not have the fire power to take advantage of Khan's faults.
    Khan has improved but not that much. He has a new shot a good left hook to the body but that tends to be the norm for fighters whose upper body is too square on but it takes from the right hand.
    I did notice on the few occasions when Khan was backed up he looked a different fighter,out of sorts and vulnerable a in close he has no leverage on his punches. Malignaggi did not have the fire power to take advantage but his inside game and defence is not good enough to cope with a good fighter that can bang.
    I was also not impressed with his footwork. watch the fight again and watch his legs and you will see what I mean.also he is kind of wooden looking with his upper body and that does not bode well for the future.
    By now I was expecting more improvement from the Roach/ Khan partnership. Roach is great at picking the right fights and getting the tactics right for the fight but he has not improved Khan's technique enough to compensate for that glass jaw. This is not Khan's fault and I am disappointed in Roach. I was expecting more from this hyped trainer.
    Despite a good performance and win I am more concerned about how he will perform at the higher level than I was yesterday before the fightl. FYI I always turn the sound off when watching fights,my stream cut out around the middle of round 9. If you do this you don't get influenced by what the commentators are telling you. That way you can be objective.
    He really needs to deal with his weaknesses and not rely on his talent and hand speed. Against Malignaggi he can get away with that but against Alexander and Ortiz he will be exposed unless he makes dramatic changes..
    Last edited by John Hue; 05-16-2010, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Khan looked GREAT. But I gotta be honest, he still looked a little uncomfortable when he got hit, even by Malignaggi.

As good as Khan is, and he is VERY good, I just think Bradley and Alexander will definitely stop him. Cause even if they don't seriously hurt him, if Khan feels power he will get tentative and it will affect the way he fights.
      Watched alot of Khan?

That not true at all, he's a little like Gamboa. When he's hurt he feels the need to go full on offensive (even going so far as to ignore defense) When he was dropped by Limond he got up dropped limond and broke his nose and jaw before stopping him in either the nest round or round after that (can't remember exactly)

When Michael Gomez dropped him in the 2nd Khan got up Cut Gomez over the left eye, Gomez hurt Khan against in the 4th with a body punch but Khan came back to drop him and then stop him in the 5th.

Khan is a warrior with a glass chin

Comment

Originally posted by YummGum View Post
        LMAO Kid get Khans balls out of yoru mouth!!!!

Alexander made Junior Witter quitt and KTFO iron chinned Juan Urango. Khan beat a overmatched opponent!!

Co sigN!!!!!!
        http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?sex=m&...20Welterweight

Comment

Originally posted by YummGum View Post
          LMAO Kid get Khans balls out of yoru mouth!!!!

Alexander made Junior Witter quitt and KTFO iron chinned Juan Urango. Khan beat a overmatched opponent!!

Co sigN!!!!!!
          Khan's win over Kotelnik>>>>>>>>>>>>Alexander's win over Witter

Khan's win over Malignaggi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alexander's win over Urango

Khan has a better resume than Alexander for shure.... Though I do think Alexander would knock him out if they ever meet.

Comment

At the end of the day Khan was matched with Malignaggi simply because Pauli is not a puncher. Khan was supposed to win this fight. I think people are getting a bit carried away with Khan. Alexander, Bradley and Maidana will all beat him in my opinion. It is easy to look good knowing your opponent can't hurt you. Malignaggi was chosen because of this.

Comment

It was a good win because he outboxed the boxer.

Comment

If we Khan vs Maidana and Khan wins his chin must have improved a bit

Comment

Originally posted by John Hue View Post
                  No matter how I looked at the fight I could only see one winner Khan by late round stoppage or points. Malignaggi just did not have the fire power to take advantage of Khan's faults.
                  Khan has improved but not that much. He has a new shot a good left hook to the body but that tends to be the norm for fighters whose upper body is too square on but it takes from the right hand.
                  I did notice on the few occasions when Khan was backed up he looked a different fighter,out of sorts and vulnerable a in close he has no leverage on his punches. Malignaggi did not have the fire power to take advantage but his inside game and defence is not good enough to cope with a good fighter that can bang.
                  I was also not impressed with his footwork. watch the fight again and watch his legs and you will see what I mean.also he is kind of wooden looking with his upper body and that does not bode well for the future.
                  By now I was expecting more improvement from the Roach/ Khan partnership. Roach is great at picking the right fights and getting the tactics right for the fight but he has not improved Khan's technique enough to compensate for that glass jaw. This is not Khan's fault and I am disappointed in Roach. I was expecting more from this hyped trainer.
                  Despite a good performance and win I am more concerned about how he will perform at the higher level than I was yesterday before the fightl. FYI I always turn the sound off when watching fights,my stream cut out around the middle of round 9. If you do this you don't get influenced by what the commentators are telling you. That way you can be objective.
                  He really needs to deal with his weaknesses and not rely on his talent and hand speed. Against Malignaggi he can get away with that but against Alexander and Ortiz he will be exposed unless he makes dramatic changes..
                  Here you go again...he was more aggressive then he was against kotelnik because that was what it required him to be, he is still much improved and you fail to consider that paulie was a big step up from anything he has fought before, it took him a little while to get used to the speed and movement and he got caught reaching and paulie coninually caught him with the left hand counter in the first 5, but that was the point of this fight, so he could fight someone at world level and learn in there and iron out mistakes. Im sure when he fights someone with power he will use the ring and fight more off the back foot with a higher guard lke he did in his previous fights under roach.

Comment

lmao if you think these rankings matter.
                    Alexander is unified champ and has fought bettter comp... Paulie was outmatched. Lets also not forget not too long ago Khan was finished in less than a minute by a lightweight, and holds a career best win against an old/blind Barerra

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                      Watched alot of Khan?

That not true at all, he's a little like Gamboa. When he's hurt he feels the need to go full on offensive (even going so far as to ignore defense) When he was dropped by Limond he got up dropped limond and broke his nose and jaw before stopping him in either the nest round or round after that (can't remember exactly)

When Michael Gomez dropped him in the 2nd Khan got up Cut Gomez over the left eye, Gomez hurt Khan against in the 4th with a body punch but Khan came back to drop him and then stop him in the 5th.

Khan is a warrior with a glass chin
                      That was also the reason why he got Ko'd by prescott. I reckon now he if he got dropped, he would try and survive the round then rumble in the next.

Comment

Working...
                      X