Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adonis Stevenson made more over $1.5 million for Sukhotsky fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In comparing Kovalev w/ Stevenson, Kovalev made financial concessions against Hopkins in order to make the fight in the first place.

Also keep in mind Stevenson's contract guarantee with Haymon had alot to do with the political/competition at the time. HBO wanted Stevenson and were pushing a certain market value on him, Showtime seen an opportunity and overpaid, HBO had the opportunity to match the Fonfara fight and wisely declined.

Without the Showtime backed Haymon deal, Stevenson would be making about $500k a fight. His fight attendance has been on a bit of slide since Dawson (7,000 vs 8,000 when Dawson fought Pascal and now around 5,000), and his Showtime ratings haven't been all that great either.

Given his declining numbers and lack of future opposition (Fonfara rematch is about it), he screwed up turning down the Pascal fight where he would've made 60%. After Kovalev beats Pascal in Montreal, I wouldn't be surprised in Kovalev became a bigger draw than Stevenson and then all advantages in negotiation will be on Kovalev's side.

Comment

Stevenson is a coward. I rarely say negative things about people but what he is doing is just a flat out duck.

Comment

No wonder why fighters worship Haymon. Guy gets his fighters PAID for **** fights. Low risk very high reward is the Haymon model.

Comment

This is why boxing is ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            And Kovalev only made $500,000 for a three-title fight with B-Hop.
            That's pretty sad, now if Kovalev-Stevenson gets negotiated you know that Stevenson and his team are going to ask for something like 70-30 and they would almost be justified for it. lol some bullshit right there.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              That's pretty sad, now if Kovalev-Stevenson gets negotiated you know that Stevenson and his team are going to ask for something like 70-30 and they would almost be justified for it. lol some bullshit right there.
              Hopefully if Kovalev beats Pascal, that does enough for him in Canada to keep Stevenson from low balling him and ****ing up the fight.

Comment

Hard to believe anything Michel says when it comes to Stevenson, now we see him acquiescing in Adonis's "I got money doe" defense. Not sure I buy it.

If it's true, then Espinoza needs firing by Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Hard to believe anything Michel says when it comes to Stevenson, now we see him acquiescing in Adonis's "I got money doe" defense. Not sure I buy it.

He needs to be fired because of the entire year of 2014, absolutely pathetic cards. Dude basically just signed any fight proposal that landed on his desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

Probably eating into the money they were going to use at LHW between Stevenon and Hopkins/Pascal

Comment

this zhang you un guy is cracking me up

Comment

Working...
                      X